Learning Spanish

YouriBaarda

Registered
Hi Everybody,

Has anyone have an idea what books are the best for learning argentine spanish? Becaue i have no idea whats the best option. Also recommendations for good and fairly priced lessons are welcome.

I have found Dreaming Spanish (a website) very good, and affordable. You can filter for what variant of Spanish you want to watch videos in, and they have quite a few from an Argentinian. I also listen to the Mexican and Columbian videos.

Edit: it's based on a method called Comprehensive Input so may be a slightly different approach to what you'd normally get in lessons or books

Check out the thread:

having spent several years with one on one lessons for the basics i am now a fan of duolingo an app. remember it takes about 18,000 words to comand the english language. thats with 3 verbs. duolingo is pretty complete in covering all the basis, congugation, nouns, speaking and listening. at first its free and then 100.00 a year. i am at 700 consecutive days and yes they keep track. it took me 18 years to command english. be patient

having spent several years with one on one lessons for the basics i am now a fan of duolingo an app. remember it takes about 18,000 words to comand the english language. thats with 3 verbs. duolingo is pretty complete in covering all the basis, congugation, nouns, speaking and listening. at first its free and then 100.00 a year. i am at 700 consecutive days and yes they keep track. it took me 18 years to command english. be patient
I like Duolingo too, although only for the initial phase. This is at least my experience with Spanish: I started with Duolingo to learn the basics but got quite bored quite fast, as it looked like I was not progressing, even after many lessons/sections, so I "graduated" to listening to podcasts specifically aimed at people willing to learn Spanish (e.g. Español Automatico, Espanolisto...), then I just jumped in and started talking, very badly at the beginning, then improving a bit every time. About talking, I would suggest conversationexchange.com, as a way to find people willing to teach you Spanish, while you can tech them English. It is completely free; my friend Javier says that Italki is also very good if you want to take formal lessons at reasonable price.
If you are in Buenos Aires and like formal teaching, I would also suggest taking a Spanish course at the Laboratorio de Idiomas at UBA (http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar); I am currently taking one and am happy about it so much that I am taking another one in June.

think i did it the opposite way. i had a good base and have used duolingo to keep the process going. its from spain and uses different words but 95 percent is universal. you can study all day if you want, or 30 minutes. i am in new areas now i did not know. present perfect and past perfect. more conjugations. it get better as you go. casi y casi que tu quieres

At risk of being repetitive, will say that to improve communicating in Spanish it's essential to work on your accent. . English speakers have serious difficulties.

Back