Legal diet pills in Argentina?

dani28

Registered
Not wanting to sound like a pill popper, but when I visited as a tourist I used to be able to liberally purchase (without a prescription) Reductol, a diet drug that was great at curbing your appetite and miraculous for ever so often losing those ¨occasional few kilos¨ and sold in Argentina, it was basically sibutramine, and according to the pharmacies who used to sell it, the Ministry of Health made all sibutramine containing drugs illegal in Argentina just a few months ago due to the fact that young teenagers were abusing of it to the point of anoxeria.

This is a huge disappointment for me, as again, reiterating that I dont want to sound like a pill popper or drug junkie, I have, on occasion, purchased and used this pill (Reductol) to quickly and quite safely lose those few extra lbs/kilos I may have gained for instance on a vacation. I think its ridiculous that just because a few people have chosen to abuse of it, it needs to be banned completely, but I digress.

My question now is, is anyone aware of any (legal) good and very effective, and ideally fast working (another good thing about Reductol is it worked so quickly, someone who genuinely did use it to just lose a few lbs/kilos never had time to ¨get addicted¨ to it) diet pill? I know All is sold in Argentina but the official Alli is quite expensive. Is there a generic Orlistat manufactured in Argentina, something similiar, etc?

I know its a bit of a taboo subject, but with as many people in the world that are concerned with diet/weight management, surely someone must know of something. Prior to coming to Buenos Aires, I spent a few months in the States, and put on a few extra lbs/kilos, that, being as I have a slow metabolism by nature (I am, however, quite active, walking about 8 miles a day on average in addition to light gym work outs) I need an ¨extra push¨ to lose.

Any help is appreciated!

I think its ridiculous that just because a few people have chosen to abuse of it, it needs to be banned completely, but I digress.

It's actually not a case of Argentina playing nanny state -- the fact is, you can no longer find sibutramine almost anywhere on the planet. According to the manufacturer, "Abbott no longer manufactures or markets sibutramine (Meridia,Reductil,Raductil, Ectiva) in any country." They were forced to withdraw it from global markets due to the dangerous side effects.

Sorry, I didnt mean to post this in both the Newcomers and the other section of the forum, its just that I did not see that my original post had gone through after a few hours. If someone wants to consolidate the two...

FYI regarding the topic: It's my understanding that it is still available in some countries such as Mexico and the UK has pretty legit sites still selling it, and yes Abbott did stop making their version, however I believe there are other labs that made/make this med that are still making it for the markets where its still available.

Back