Is it actually even legal to have a rental contract in USD?

rob0001

Registered
I'm not asking if it's actually done...I know it's done all the time. I'm asking if it's legal. Does it matter if it's a 3 year contract or the 3 month tourist contract for legality?
I'm also not asking if it's a good or bad idea...I'm simply asking if it's legal.

It depends what kind of rental contract and which law was current at the time of signing.

Two things from this, below:

In addition to the changes mentioned above, the reform — which will be in force once it is published in the Official Bulletin — also establishes that rent contracts can only be made in the national lender, the peso.

1. The reform will only become law once it is published in the Official Bulletin - so, assuming it is not retroactive, it will only affect rental contracts following publication; and

2. Rental contracts can only be made in pesos - so, presumably rentals cannot be ADVERTISED in USD following the publication date (as most currently are). This would seem to give considerably more freedom to renters with USD.

Question ? Who has a Legal Rental contract registered under Notary Public? Very Few ! in my building with 170 apartments , no Legal contracts in the last 10 years..!! All Rental contracts are private agreements between parties outside the Law...!

Question ? Who has a Legal Rental contract registered under Notary Public? Very Few ! in my building with 170 apartments , no Legal contracts in the last 10 years..!! All Rental contracts are private agreements between parties outside the Law...!
Thats a classic mistake most tenants do ( especially foreigners) not having a legal contract with the notary public and thereafter facing bullying of landlord and real estate agent.

Back