Legal Question

Just because one is paranoid doesn't mean one doesn't have reasons to be so...

Personally, I'm not worried about them being out to get me, as much as being worried about their competency.

And that's entirely reasonable. My comment was directed at the OP's inference that all lawyers are shysters.

As a former car dealer who is now a lawyer, I am (justifiably) sensitive to occupational bias ... lol.

My experience with lawyers in Buenos Aires (and I've dealt with several over the years) is as follows. They tend to be a tad arrogant, similar to lawyers in the US, but in typical Argentine fashion, they also are warm and friendly when you are in front of them. What is really frustrating - and this is typical of any business dealing in Argentina is the lack of follow up, efficiency and overall urgency to deal with a client's issues. The lawyers I have dealt with here have been honest, I've never had any issues with their representation, financial matters or second guessing their motives. I don't know if the fact that things tend to move very slowly with legal matters in Buenos Aires are actually due to the lawyers themselves or an inherent effect of the inefficiency of the legal system moving at a snail's pace.

Could this be the explanation :confused:

Everything domestically produced will break and or fall apart, well before the 12 month period.

toilet-overflow-article.jpg

or does it have something to do with a bidet clogged with cat hair balls?

Back