Legal ways to profit from USD

duanestorey

Registered
Given that the unofficial exchange rate looks to be somewhere around 6.5 to 1 for USD, I was wondering what ways exists to basically make a profit off of selling USD.

For example, if someone were to come for a visit and show up with $9,999 USD (I believe $10,000 is the limit at which you have to to declare), and managed to sell them all, what's the best way to get that money back out of the country? Is it possible to buy gold there at market prices? Could you buy $10,000 worth of another country's currency down there, such as the real? Any other ideas?

I'm not planning on doing this, but I was just wondering what people thought the best way would be.

Thanks.

If there were a simle way to get ones wealth out of Argentina , without paying a heavy premium, Recoleta and Palermo would have become ghost towns months ago !

Yep, as solerboy said, the whole point is that it's not easy to get wealth out of Argentina, and for the average person, close to impossible. The very purpose of the currency restrictions that have made USD in such high demand is to stem capital flight out of the country. So, the dollar is expensive precisely because it's hard to get. :)

And i'm pretty confident if you have to ask a forum how to make money because you lack the creativity you're a dunce.

Back