Legitimate American Restaurants

Any legitimate American restaurants in Buenos Aires, apart from Kansas (not saying it's not, just want to know of other options)?

I'm talking biscuits, cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy.

(What can I say, I grew up in the South :p )

Please, please no one say KFC.
Haha, I was just about to recommend Kansas Bar, that's all my Argie friends like as an " American restaurant". The place is packed all the time if you think the economy in Argentina is bad.(Kansas is not even a cool name in US) Its hard to say " biscuits, cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy' are symbol of American food, you do not see these much at a San Francisco restaurant, except at Denny's or Sizzller. I know I know, people miss all the crazy food from home.

In the 80s, I met an older woman at US Embassy in Beijing (her husband was general level military attache, and they went to different state banquet almost every day,
for example, French embassy would fly French chefs and food at the embassy and invites other diplomats, there is daily event at diplomatic club), she told me that life was hard in Beijing that she had to fly back to US to get her Mcdonalds fix and dental work (at that time there was no western fast food in China), that was pretty sad.

One good thing is I've started learning to cook the food I'd go out to a restaurant to buy. I just miss Southern cooking. I love Argentinean food, and I eat 99.99% Argentinean food. But sometimes there's nothing like buttermilk biscuits and gravy, or sweet tea. :p
These are not hard to make.

One good thing is I've started learning to cook the food I'd go out to a restaurant to buy. I just miss Southern cooking. I love Argentinean food, and I eat 99.99% Argentinean food. But sometimes there's nothing like buttermilk biscuits and gravy, or sweet tea. :p

Haven't been there, but this place might fit your needs: http://www.eltejanoba.com.ar/

What kind of ipa beer do they got in Argentina??

There's a few ipa's around, although the supermarkets only tend to have Antares and occasionally Barbaroja.
Outside of BA you can find microbreweries who sell to local restaurants and shops though. These don't always make it all the way to BA though.

...Its hard to say " biscuits, cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy' are symbol of American food, you do not see these much at a San Francisco restaurant, except at Denny's or Sizzller...

Believe it or not, they're pretty easy to find in any large American city. Just look for "Soul Food" - It's what people in the southern states call "food".

But I agree it's hard to strictly classify anything as "American food".

Believe it or not, they're pretty easy to find in any large American city. Just look for "Soul Food" - It's what people in the southern states call "food".

But I agree it's hard to strictly classify anything as "American food".

My favorite American foods are tacos de carnitas and pollo con mole.

Back