Legitimate Moving Company?

jnoyaquintana

Registered
Hi all-
A few weeks ago, I looked at the different threads on BAExpats to find recommendations for international movers. A few of you had recommended KRP Moving (www.krpmoving.com.ar), and even mentioned Lucas, the owner, as being fantastic. I sent him an email to ask for a quote for our move. He sent his sister, Carola, to take a look at our household goods. They came on Tuesday, September 17 and told us we would receive the quote within 48 hours. We still haven't heard from them. I have emailed both Lucas and Carola several days ago, and neither has responded. I also called the phone numbers listed on Carola's business card, and they all are out of service.

Can someone tell me if this really is a legitimate moving company and if you know how I can get in touch with them?

Thanks for your help!

Hi all-
A few weeks ago, I looked at the different threads on BAExpats to find recommendations for international movers. A few of you had recommended KRP Moving (www.krpmoving.com.ar), and even mentioned Lucas, the owner, as being fantastic. I sent him an email to ask for a quote for our move. He sent his sister, Carola, to take a look at our household goods. They came on Tuesday, September 17 and told us we would receive the quote within 48 hours. We still haven't heard from them. I have emailed both Lucas and Carola several days ago, and neither has responded. I also called the phone numbers listed on Carola's business card, and they all are out of service.

Can someone tell me if this really is a legitimate moving company and if you know how I can get in touch with them?

Thanks for your help!
If you want a referral, I have a dear friend that runs an intl moving company, he is very knowledgeable and experienced. I know he gives several options to lower costs, etc. Send me a PM if you want and I will give you his info.

Hi all-

Thanks for your help!
I moved to and from Argentina with Transpack and couldn't speak highly enough of them for their professionalism. Our contact was Carlos - sorry that's all I can remember as its was 2 years ago we left - http://www.transpack.com.ar/

Thanks for the replies.

Dublin2BuenosAires: No, we didn't pay them anything - thank goodness
Nikad: We actually already met Nazareno and got a quote from him. He is at the top of our list, but we were hoping to get 1-2 more quotes to compare. We've had to moving companies come to our house and then just never contact us again to give us the quote. It baffles me.
Fifs2: Thank you for the advice. I will look into Transpack.

If they tell you..."we don't bring the container to you house" ie they bring a truck then off load in warehouse and then put your goods in the container.....run away and run very fast. It is a scam and you will be screwed for bribes like you cannot believe.

ghost ,

you are incorrect.

If a responsible company is chosen , Then the owner of the goods must be at the deposito fiscal when the container is opened in front of aduana. Then your goods are loaded on your own hired truck and delivered to your home. The point is choose very wisely . Nikad's recommendation above is 100% responsible and reliable.

We used Interhouse two times for moving (leaving Argentina and returning) absolutely no problems and very helpful. currently we are using ArgenVans to move only because their contacts for our destination country were better.

Back