Lesbians & Gays Expats?

AngieB

Registered
Hi, any lesbians & gays in this forum?

Buenos Aires is supposed to be the most gay friendly city in Latin America…... which nightclubs, bars, cafés would you recommend, with lesbians or mixed crowd gays & lesbians, all ages (preferably in their 40’s), a place where you can easily chat with your neighbour?
I tried the Bach Bar and Casa Brandon… not really convincing; the 1[sup]st[/sup] one, very young, mostly girls in their 20’s, and I’m not a fanatic of Shakira’s style music (much more trip hop, jazz, indie); the 2[sup]nd[/sup] one, mostly hetero. Maybe the wrong place at the wrong time…?

Reading threads in this forum, I saw that “Pink Drinks” were organized a few years ago. If I arrange one, would anyone be interested? And what about a “Pink Sunday Brunch”?

By the way I’m Canadian from Montreal, and would be happy to meet you sometime!

Thanks for your reply

I would totally be in for a Pink event. 29-year-old American guy here who has lived in Argentina for about 8 years.

In BsAs there is no gay district, and many clubs are "gay friendly" or "hetero friendly" but not exclusive to one sexual orrientation. That doesn´t mean that you can´t find such places, but in my opinion there are not as many as in major US cities and overall the gay community is pretty intergrated into everyday life, including nightlife.

What are Pink Drinks ? sort of a Strawberry Margaritas :D

10410271_492699037528749_3497974612492184640_n.jpg

I remember a long a go in suburbs of New York a friend Argentinean fellow asked me by saying,
Oshe ponja, te invito a una fiesta de Tortillas..? WTF ?
I replied, oh what kind of party is it ? he said, venid y mirad, es mejor que contarte!

In BsAs there is no gay district, and many clubs are "gay friendly" or "hetero friendly" but not exclusive to one sexual orrientation. That doesn´t mean that you can´t find such places, but in my opinion there are not as many as in major US cities and overall the gay community is pretty intergrated into everyday life, including nightlife.

I'm very happy about the integration here in Buenos Aires. The homo-phobia / righteous right of the US drives me crazy! At least here parents with young children are not freaked out by sitting next to a gay couple in a restaurant.

I'm very happy about the integration here in Buenos Aires. The homo-phobia / righteous right of the US drives me crazy! At least here parents with young children are not freaked out by sitting next to a gay couple in a restaurant.

Even in the Deep South, there are enclaves of sanity and tolerance.

The nice thing about BA is that someone may be prejudice against homosexuals, but they'll keep their mouth shut when sitting in a restaurant next to them. It's ironic, all my gay friends avoid gay bars. They prefer open/ gay friendly bars and clubs since both heterosexual and homosexuals go, and they like to mix it up and enjoy the adventure of trying to convert someone and convince them to join their team. There isn't really a gay neighborhood. It's all integrated in BA.

Back