Let them eat fish

"There are grumbles about the quality of the fish, which is presented in brick-like squares. There are complaints about having to wait for hours as around 5,000 line up over the course of the day."

Ummm. Yummy.

Already poor quality fish normally available here made even worse.

On top of that, there are 12 trucks that are going to provide fish for a population of millions?

5000 people or so lining up for fish a day - 12 trucks - I make about 60,000 people a day getting cheap, crappy fish. It would take 17 days to feed even 1 million people - and I'm sure that in those 17 days the same people would come back more than once...

Typical Argentine government attempt at trying to fix issues - in other words, there are a few people outside the city who will benefit and think Cristina is the second coming of Eva, while she and her hubby steal the populace blind.

And I love the title of the article. Marie-Thérese is surely rolling over in her grave!

I want to know who stays awake all night dreaming up an "Unorthodox" solution to every new problem when the world is full of orthodox solutions that can work, if anyone gives a damn.

ElQueso said:
"There are grumbles about the quality of the fish, which is presented in brick-like squares. There are complaints about having to wait for hours as around 5,000 line up over the course of the day."

Ummm. Yummy.

Already poor quality fish normally available here made even worse.

On top of that, there are 12 trucks that are going to provide fish for a population of millions?

5000 people or so lining up for fish a day - 12 trucks - I make about 60,000 people a day getting cheap, crappy fish. It would take 17 days to feed even 1 million people - and I'm sure that in those 17 days the same people would come back more than once...

Typical Argentine government attempt at trying to fix issues - in other words, there are a few people outside the city who will benefit and think Cristina is the second coming of Eva, while she and her hubby steal the populace blind.

I take it you haven't heard the story about Cristina and the loaves and the fishes.

she was also seen walking on the riachuelo, though I suspect the pollution might have something to do with that. :p

ghost said:
I want to know who stays awake all night dreaming up an "Unorthodox" solution to every new problem when the world is full of orthodox solutions that can work, if anyone gives a damn.

Well, "ortodox" solution had been used for several years in this country and they didn´t work. And they won´t work today because the raise of prices is artificial and speculative. We have strong workers union and a very strong farmers union too.

But you are loosing the point. The raise of food prices is a political battle with the farmers. Remember that before the campo stroke the prices were a lot lower. The raise of prices is a strategy of the farmers union to boicot the President.

I was one year abroad and when I came back the food prices raise 100%.

And this is the last hundred years conflict in this country, nothing new for us. Farmers want that Argentinians pay same prices than in NYC but with Argentinian salaries.

Back