let's get a cricket team together!!

esllou

Registered
If the americans can put a baseball team together, let's try for a cricket team!! Why not??

How many would we need to have a decent knock around...10/12? Maybe fewer.

there are so many parks to choose from.

If we start planning now, once the warmer weather is here for October, we'll have enough names. :D

if anyone's interested, speak up now.

Why not join one of the existing teams in zona norte or Hurlingham?

If you're not introduced personally or have any contacts some of those exisiting teams are out of bounds. Sounds like a nice idea and probably I can tell a few people I know here. Do you have a bat and some stumps? Haven't played myself for yonks!!

yes, the idea is just to have an informal knockabout followed by a beer or something. I'm sure we can find a bat or two somewhere and the same for stumps and a ball. I don't think we're going to be able to have 22 fully outfitted players. :) but we can make do.

we can worry about the equipment once we get a list of names together...

Won't be back in BsAs until November, but add me to the list..... As long as there is no quick singles (getting too old to sprint!)

I think it might take us two months or so to get a list of names together so that's why I began this in august! :)

I'll take the presumptious move of starting a list:

esllou
georgy (plus possible friends)
liam3494

Ahhh, the sound of leather on willow (or was it willow on leather?). I'd love to play, as long as over 40s are allowed.....please put me down on the list, too.

I'm 40 myself rick

esllou
georgy (plus possible friends)
liam3494
rick rogers

esllou said:
I don't think we're going to be able to have 22 fully outfitted players. :) but we can make do.

we can worry about the equipment once we get a list of names together...
The most difficult part will IMO be to create and maintain a decent pitch.

As there are cricket clubs in BsAs it must be posible to buy equipment, including a Slazenger or two, keeper gloves, padding, and a couple of helmets if the going gets nasty. Any carpenter, or self, can make stumps.

In my experience a reasonable game is just possible with a skeleton crew of 7: 3 + 3 + 1, which is how we played not a few times some 20 years ago with five cricket-mad chaps from Pakistan.

Keeper - one very brave off-team player who enjoys stumping people, and who may also act as an umpire, although his is not the best position for this.

1 bowler (who may act as short too, if needs be, reducing requirements from 9 to 7)
2 short/mid (or 1 short + 1 silly :D:D )
1 mid/long

1 bowler (who may act as short too, if needs be, reducing requirements from 9 to 7)
2 short/mid (or 1 short + 1 silly :D:D )
1 mid/long

A Dane trying to talk cricket? I'll let that one pass through to the keeper.

Back