Life in Provinces Recommendations

Do you mean Provinces as in self-governing states that make up the country of Argentina? Or are you looking for barrios and communities closer to the capital? Provincia de Buenos Aires surrounds the capital and is bigger than many other countries. There are many jolly nice and reasonably safe provinces throughout Argentina.

It would be discourteous to the owner of this site to recommend other similar sites here especially since the membership here whilst concentrated in the capital is countrywide. If you really want to find them you'll need to sharpen your search skills and/or venture into places like Instagram and Facebook.

There are also nationality based sites for expats more generally. I'm British and I know at least one site themed for British people wherever they may be. You'll probably find one for your nationality too.
Thank you, I had thought initially this site were limited to BA only, but since it covers the whole country it is possible i will find everything a person needs here,

Thank you for the useful link, cheers!
You're very welcome. If anyone has a better breakdown by city / town, I'd be interested.

We're living in the province of Buenos Aires, which, according to the link, seems to be most unsafe part of Argentina (though the population of 18 million must skew the statistics). It's worthwhile talking to locals about safety, we were told "our" village is quite safe, the nearest big towns (Campana and Escobar) are relatively safe, and Zarate, further out, can be downright dangerous.

I think you can minimize your risk by living in one of the various types of gated communities, which range from open, semi-open, to closed, with corresponding levels of security. At the high end, you could live in a place like Cardales Country where the guards carry shotguns and patrol the fence every 30 mins or so. It sounds oppressive, but it's an absolutely bucolic lifestyle, with a golf club, tennis courts, cycle paths, gym, restaurant and small shop all on the grounds, plus you'll have your own pool and grill. Houses are from say $250k up to buy, long term rentals maybe $1500 per month. Living in Tigre sounds good too, it's a nice town, and living out in the delta (lots of people do) would be my idea of heaven. And you're still at most an hour or so from the capital.

Last edited:
My criteria is a radius of 150 km from capital..I have lived many years in cities like Mercedes, Suipacha, Chivilcoy. All within 150 km. Minibuses commute many times a day. Can come into Capital for the day. Nice houses for rent long term or temporary.

You're very welcome. If anyone has a better breakdown by city / town, I'd be interested.

We're living in the province of Buenos Aires, which, according to the link, seems to be most unsafe part of Argentina (though the population of 18 million must skew the statistics). It's worthwhile talking to locals about safety, we were told "our" village is quite safe, the nearest big towns (Campana and Escobar) are relatively safe, and Zarate, further out, can be downright dangerous.

I think you can minimize your risk by living in one of the various types of gated communities, which range from open, semi-open, to closed, with corresponding levels of security. At the high end, you could live in a place like Cardales Country where the guards carry shotguns and patrol the fence every 30 mins or so. It sounds oppressive, but it's an absolutely bucolic lifestyle, with a golf club, tennis courts, cycle paths, gym, restaurant and small shop all on the grounds, plus you'll have your own pool and grill. Houses are from say $250k up to buy, long term rentals maybe $1500 per month. Living in Tigre sounds good too, it's a nice town, and living out in the delta (lots of people do) would be my idea of heaven. And you're still at most an hour or so from the capital.
Thank you for this informative post, the prices mentioned in those gated communities sound very reasonable too, the recommendations from members are very helpful in a major way, Wife & I are not young & going on an 'Trial & Error' are not on the agenda as we simply don't have that much time left!

Back