Life in USA vs. Argentina

Here, I get the advantages of the big city, like not having to drive, being able to walk to stores, or someplace other than the mailbox, with not as much of a risk of not being seen and subsequently flattened by Lexus SUVs or shot by hunters who mistook you for a deer. So, I find just being able to walk places and having sort of a sidewalk, and sometimes streetlights that don't turn white for thirty seconds and start to flash red when you're only halfway across and legions of angry yuppies are ready to mow you down with their luxury SUVs if you don't get out of the way amazing.

So, you appreciate the courteous Porteño drivers?

It's not that they are not lit: http://tinyurl.com/m9gjnxl

You haven't lived in Argentina until you've ridden in one of these....with the extra tanks in the trunk. This could still fetch about $15,000 pesos here. Bungy cords holding the drivers side door shut. Amazingly "reliable" and they run FOREVER...it's scary! Argentines are known for their mechanical prowress and I'd say it's a reputation well deserved!!!

ericoldtime-1748143-albums-my-kentucky-family-pic122619-car2.jpg

No...but THIS has got to be my favorite...tell me you haven't seen one or two of these....LOL

Your Argentine tax contributions at work!!

ericoldtime-1748143-albums-my-kentucky-family-pic122620-tax2.jpg

Back