Lincoln School Or Belgrano Day Or Arco Iris?

I´m not a mom, but I think if you put him in a fully Argentine school his Spanish will get really good and he will have a unique adventure--I smell college application essay. In the end, being fully bilingual is such a huge gift, and will help him a lot later in life.
I would almost say at his age put him in a fully Spanish school so he can absorb a lot, he will learn in English for the rest of his life.

I agree with Montauk, I am not a dad, BUT if I was in your situation, I would not send him to Lincoln.
For 18 months (its not a long time) I would try and involve him in the culture as much as possible. I think he will gain much more in terms of life skills / development as a result. There are plenty of other good schools that will facilitate this.

I agree with the last two posters, and I am a father (not of a school-aged child). If your son leaves here without being fluent in Span I can't help but say it was wasted time, IMO. English will not be a problem for him in the future. Nail down the Span while he is young. This city has so much to offer, why spend your time sitting in traffic commuting back and forth? Your son is young enough that he can overcome the initial difficulties. I always hated my parents for a few weeks until I settled in and then I forgot to stay angry with them!

I emailed and sent a message via WhatsApp to Belgrano Day School and they didn’t even bother responding. Very different from Lincoln, St. Andrews and Northlands. However my ex is insisting in living in the city center.

Back