Liposuction

mbw

Registered
OK, everyone is naturally skinny and has no need for liposuction on the tummy and hip areas. But, just in case there is someone out there who has experience with having liposuction done in BA, I'd like to hear about it, a recommendation of a plastic surgeon and the recovery pain/time.

A girl in my company did it, planning 3 days off work for recovery but in fact she needed 10 days ooo as she was so sick after GA and so sore....but she did look fabulous and lost those saddlebags that even the most beautiful Argentine seems to have because of eating all those medialunas and crackers all day. She went to Estetica Seleme (Scalabrini Ortiz and French) as they speak English and are US board certified...I do get the odd botox there myself hence I am an expert!

Thanks, I will check out Estetica Seleme and I will prepare myself for a long recuperation.

First of all, you should never go to a centro de estetica to get work done or any place that tries to hook in tourists. They're often irresponsible and charge too much. Only go to a board certified plastic surgeon. A woman from Spain died in the private clinic of a plastic surgeon last year because he wasn't certified and he was alone with her and there was no anesthesiologist nearby. A serious doctor will operate on you in a clinic or hospital. I had work done with Dr. Repetti and was operated on in Clinica Bazterrica. The service was excellent and I had a private room. Dr. Repetti's fees were very reasonable, he was very honest about what the risks are, what I can expect and many years later I still go in once a year for a check-up.

If you get lipo plan on going back to work after several days or even a week. You'll be in a lot of pain and very swollen and wrapped in bandages. You won't want to move. Physical activity can be resumed after a month.

Here's Dr. Repetti's website and it's in English. But shop around and see who you like best.
http://www.plasticaestetica.com.ar/eng/index_eng.htm

How do you really know? I would want real assurance and not the anonymous recommendation from someone you don't know on an internet site. Make sure the people who are going to cut on you are qualified, If you are living in B.A. go to your local doctor and get a recommendation. If you are coming as a medical tourist good luck(you might need it), I'm personally not to high on the idea of going overseas for medical treatments. If there are any complications or problems they could be very hard to deal with. Also if the doctor screws it up don't count on a big pay day from suing everybody, I think that only applies in the U.S.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/978047/beauty-queen-dies-after-plastic-surgery

nlaruccia said:
That's why I told her to shop around and see who she likes. She doesn't have to go to my doctor. I had a good experience with him and he's board certified. She should go to the Sociedad Argentina de Sociedad Plastica and the Asociacion Medica Argentina where she will find board certified doctors.

http://www.sacper.com.ar/

http://www.ama-med.org.ar/egama_cursos.asp

Sorry if I gave any offense, didn't mean to. My point is that the OP needs to check this out on their own. Getting a recommendation from a local doctor would be a good way to go. There are probably some people who are better at this than others, there are probably some people(you want to avoid) offering services that are not properly trained or qualified. If I am going to have surgery someplace like Argentina you need to spend extra time checking out the doctor and facilities. As the article I linked says the person who died may have had the procedure performed by someone who was not qualified. This would indicate to me that there may not be much control in Argentina over who is allowed to perform this kind of surgery which is not good if you are perspective patient.

This is one surgery that I do not agree with and know many who have had liposuction and achieved little results .

Remember that those love handles are to do with food and intake of sugars . Surgery is a short term fix but 6 mths later 90 percent have the same love handles if no change of diet .

Fatness is the result of calories and intake of certain foods will make you fatter. Short term fixes that require major surgery as is liposuction is a bandaid solution.

I started this thread so wanted to also give the result. I met with about 10 plastic surgeons who were recommended to me by friends and friends of friends - all spoke english. I did not go through an medico tourism agencies. I am not sure what they could have added to my research. All the surgeons who I interviewed had exceptional credentials and prominent positions in a hospital as well as their private practice. Some charged me for this initial meeting and some did not. I was probably a good candidate in that I am in good physical shape but with some extra fat that resisted diet and exercise. I am happy with my selection of a doctor and was impressed with his clinic and the process. There has been very little pain involved in the recovery. I am only a month from the date of surgery but so far, I am pleased with the result. The upfront research of identifying surgeons, meeting with them, seeing their clinics and meeting their staff was a necessary step for me. In doing this research, I met many women who had the procedure and they were very nice about sharing their experiences which minimized most surprises.

MBW - I am an American living here in BsAs with pretty poor Spanish (I'm learning). I would ask my friends for their advice as many of them have had successful procedures they have been very happy with, but all of them are native Spanish speakers and were not concerned about finding a bilingual surgeon. If you don't ming me asking, how are the results now? I see that you posted back in January. If it's not too much trouble, I would love to get some of the surgeons names from you. It sounds like we are interested in the procedure for the same reasons, so hopefully I will be as lucky as you. Thanks in advance for your help!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Expat Life 1
A Expat Life 25
Back