Little Cristina Upset Crush Barack Didn't Visit, Keeps his Toy Plane.

I think the real story is someone of influential position recently saw the movie Love Ranch and took offense at them using an actor from Spain to play an Argentine. This is their way of getting back at the country where it was made.

dutara said:
I think the real story is someone of influential position recently saw the movie Love Ranch and took offense at them using an actor from Spain to play an Argentine. This is their way of getting back at the country where it was made.

Hi, thanks for the tip I didn't know that this film was made, I will see the film and then comment but for what I just saw in the trailer I know now it is about a time in the life of Oscar Natalio "Ring" Bonavena when he spend some time in Nevada fighting for the boxing heavy weight world title and was assassinated by the mob because got involved with the wife of the capo or something like that, shame they cast a Spanish for his role, look forward to watch the movie, thanks.

Oscar Natalio "Ringo" Bonavena was and still beloved in Argentina he was a very outspoken and sharp individual and really a colorful character which was cut off in the pinnacle of his youth life, the only one who keep Cassius Clay in his toes in a world title fight which could go either way, Muhammad Ali 'The Greatest' himself recognized this as a fact.

Mohammed Ali vs Oscar "Ringo" Bonavena

Lucas said:
Don't forget this is the same kind of people who said the Nestor Kirchner coffin was empty, enough said.
Wait!

Do you really think that Nestor was in the coffin?

I thought that everyone accepted that there's no way that a person dies, is taken to the hospital, an autopsy is skipped so that a body could be thrown into a coffin that is raced to the capital for no reason what-so-ever all in less than 24 hours so that then the coffin wouldn't be displayed open casket?...

The lack of logic in this country is mind boggling.

This isn't an American conspiracy. Or a German one, or an English one, or a Colombian one, or a Brazilian one, or an Italian one... NO ONE that takes the time to analyze the time line thinks that there was a body in that coffin. Did I miss some behind the scenes video where they show on UNEDITED film that the body was placed into the coffin, then raced to the plane, then raced to the Casa Rosada just so the people getting free choripans & wine wouldn't feel so stupid when they walked past the grieving First Family (including the son in his windbreaker)?

Sometimes I think that there are two different Argentinas and I only spend my time in the one set in the realm of logic. Maybe if I were able to ever visit the other Argentina, all of this would make sense.

10991-history-illuminati-their-goal-one-world-government-tinhat.jpg

Damn...how did you get my picture?...can't trust anyone.

Some people here come from that country where Obama is a muslim-comunist born in Kenya (;-)

Lucas said:
...it is about a time in the life of Oscar Natalio "Ring" Bonavena when he spend some time in Nevada

Thanks for your informative post. Mine was meant as sarcastic silliness, had no idea the character was based on someone real.
The movie got on my nerves from the beginning because there were too many anachronisms, things that didn’t exist in 1971 when the movie begins. I thought it was especially sloppy because that director, who I have mixed feelings about in the first place, is older than me and should know better. But people under 40 will probably not be bothered by this, and most people in the US tend to have poor memories anyway.
I figured he lifted the thing about an Argentine boxer called Toro from the Bogart movie The Harder They Fall, which got him demerits for lacking originality.

Well, now I know otherwise but I don't think I'll watch it again.

dutara said:
Thanks for your informative post. Mine was meant as sarcastic silliness, had no idea the character was based on someone real.
I figured he lifted the thing about an Argentine boxer called Toro from the Bogart movie The Harder They Fall, which got him demerits for lacking originality.

Well, now I know otherwise but I don't think I'll watch it again.

That's right he was promoted in Nevada as "El Toro de las Pampas" "The Bull from the Pampas" but not from the Bogart movie, walking a Bull along with him around the NYC streets, pure circus byproduct of a campaign to promote the fight, that slogan 'The Bull of the Pampas' actually belongs to "Luis Angel Firpo", an Argentine giant that in 1923 throw Jack Dempsey through the ropes and out of the ring with Dempsey dropping to the public in the very first assault, that was in the Polo Grounds in New York city September 14 1923, the audience pushed Dempsey back into the ring, which allowed him to save the count of 10 and end up knocking out Firpo in the next assault. Two "rounds" took the fight, everyone were saying that it was the real fight of the century.

Jack Dempsey vs Luis Angel Firpo (Sept 1923)

Cheers.

Lucas said:
That's right he was promoted in Nevada as "El Toro de las Pampas" "The Bull from the Pampas" but not from the Bogart movie, walking a Bull along with him around the NYC streets, pure circus byproduct of a campaign to promote the fight, that slogan 'The Bull of the Pampas' actually belongs to "Luis Angel Firpo", an Argentine giant that in 1923 throw Jack Dempsey through the ropes and out of the ring with Dempsey dropping to the public in the very first assault, that was in the Polo Grounds in New York city September 14 1923, the audience pushed Dempsey back into the ring, which allowed him to save the count of 10 and end up knocking out Firpo in the next assault. Two "rounds" took the fight, everyone were saying that it was the real fight of the century.

Argentine writer Martín Kohan's novel Segundos afuera - also published in English as Seconds Out is written in seventeen chapters, encompassing each of the seventeen seconds Dempsey was out of the ring. But this is only the starting point... I won't give away any more - just suggest that, since this is a stimulating and intelligent read with much of the story belonging in Buenos Aires, it might be a candidate for the Spanish Literature in English Book Group.

Back