living cost for one person in BA?

Butterpopcorn

Registered
Hi I want to know living cost for one person.But no cost for rent.Can you tell me price for 2 bedroom in safety area?
and I think I will get money from overseas.(maybe USD or KRW)
I think I will eat out sometimes and travel by airplane 1 or less times a year. Also,I want privite health insurance.And I live middle class lifestyle in my home.(But I don't like shopping and I want to ride car but not expensive)

read this thread. several other discussions linked in it.

How many people in your Family? age Group?
Hard to say depends on WHEN will you arrive and what happens after the PASO Elections and then October .. The Current predicted inflation rate is 40 % . What will happen then if Fernandez wins, will we have a Lavagna Scenario, Default , run of the banks, and dollar over 100 pesos? That will help your exchange rate... !
A birds eye approach with rent included. To Survive US$2000 , for a comfortable middle class as you describe $US4000 per month (minus/plus 10 %) with a private health plan a vehicle , overseas travel, etc.

Use Numbeo to compare with your hometown....

How many people in your Family? age Group?
Hard to say depends on WHEN will you arrive and what happens after the PASO Elections and then October .. The Current predicted inflation rate is 40 % . What will happen then if Fernandez wins, will we have a Lavagna Scenario, Default , run of the banks, and dollar over 100 pesos? That will help your exchange rate... !
A birds eye approach with rent included. To Survive US$2000 , for a comfortable middle class as you describe $US4000 per month (minus/plus 10 %) with a private health plan a vehicle , overseas travel, etc.

Use Numbeo to compare with your hometown....

Can I believe numbeo?Because Argentina have high Inflation.

Im am currently in Australia and i am amazed how much cheaper it is to eat qualtity food in Sydney than Argentina . For example you can have a magnificient thai, vietnamese, indian , japanese meal for less than 10 us dollars for lunch in hundreds of shops . In Buenos Aires similiar foods cost close to double and the quality is much lower .

Sydney fish markets one of the world best you can eat sashimi and sushi to your hearts content for less than 20 us dollars . In Buenos Aires any average japanese restaurant with no variety of fish will set you back 40 us dollars for a decent meal. Food quality is very low currently in Argentina and prices are very high .

Well Fiscal you post your best estimate so we can discuss....!

I have an Argentinian wife and little baby and we spend about $2k a month in Buenos Aires excluding my monthly trips back to the US. I also keep in an apartment in Rosario and don't live there regularly but $1500 would be plenty (including rent).

I'm from Los Angeles where I could literally not live on $4k a month so I'm not a frugal person. Here in BA I don't even know how I would spend $4k in a month, even if I became a regular diner at the Park Hyatt.

Back