Living here and adapting slowly...

Dear all,

I discovered this website yesterday and makes me feel a bit homesick. I'm also an expat, but the other way around: I'm an Argentinean living in England.

I hope my country is treating all of you well. I miss the meat and the dulce de leche terribly!.

I left Argentina in 1998 to live in Azerbaijan. Nothing to do with the Argentinean' economy: I fell in love with a foreigner!

I hope you don't mind me asking. As you can see on another forum, I posted a message asking people to take part in a research study. I know that it sounds like "unsolicited mail", but I'm honestly interested in researching expatriation and I would really appreciate it it you could take 10 minutes to answer my survey.

I've been researching expatriation ever since I moved to England in 1999, this is my third research study and part of a PhD in psychology.

To read more, please refer to: http://www.helpabroad.net/theexpatexperience.htm or go to: http://www.helpabroad.net/survey/index.php?sid=1&newtest;=Y to take part in the survey.

It is just for the love to science, I'm not making money from this.

Thank you for your time and have a very good time in Argentina. Have a bit of dulce de leche on me.

Best wishes,

Mabel

Hello all. I am an american basically from NY, but I live in GA now. I will be moving to B.A. in Oct.-Nov. I cannot wait!! I love it!! I have visited the country numerous times with my Argentine husband. I notice many in this post are in the film industry of sorts. I teach acting now in GA, and hope to continue that in a bilengal school down in BA if i get lucky enough...I do hope :)

I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond.
Sincerely,
Steve

Hi everybody. I'm a London doc who's fallen for a farmer from Santa Fe. we're currently really struggling on where to live - here (UK) or there (Arg). and whether marriage would make it all easier. any help gratefully received please....

Steve,

I saw your posting and wanted to reply right away! I am an american citizen (currently living in Washington DC) planning to move to BA in March. I speak fluent Spanish so language is not a concern.

I have a degree in advertising and a degree in design. I am not sure if these will help; I am studying to get my CELTA certification to teach English as a second language, hoping I can find some part-time work to supplement my income and keep busy. I've done a lot of research but I am sure I am overlooking many details. Are there any most-know details you can share? Thanks!

Armando Bou
Washington DC

Hi Steve,
I can sympathize with you....I`m from California too and living here for 10 years with my wife and kids. Its not easy and am now resisting lots of the Argentine culture....(I`m sort of stuck in between). I had a Cafe/Deli for 3 years and struggled through all that....now, we are converting to Sushi!
Well, email me if you`d like.
Take care!

Back