Living In A House Versus Living In A Apartment

We also rented a summer house in Escobar in a barrio cerrado. Lovely big garden , pool, club house etc but I never felt quite as safe. My friends always recommended NEVER renting in a barrio cerrado perimetral..ie the houses at the extremeties or boundaries of the barrio as these are easier to rob and escape fast.

It's true that the ability to escape fast is a plus (also if you live near a big avenue/general Paz = you're more likely to get robbed in your house).

But also, the burglaries that happened in the barrio cerrado (gated community) I live in in the North like Escobar were insider's jobs.

The last burglary (300 meters from my house, but in a house much more centric than mine): the lady is managing a school, they were planning a foreign trip and she recently had 50.000 USD at her house to deal with the expenses... Apparently she talked too much.

I don't even lock the door of my house since I think nobody would dare coming in my house (I'm "fichado" but also known in the various villas around). Don't have a gun, at least yet, but planning on getting a shotgun. Also, got two times a weapon aiming me here (once in the head), first time was driving and the guy escaped scared & I had no gun, second time was close to my house, the famous "kike" I talked about (a young guy from the villa always walking with a caliber 32 loaded & who robbed me) & who will get tatooed in the forehead next year when I move to another province.

I recall one story by McKenna too (shotgun).

This country is like a Far West South, a last frontier, likely one of its interests too

well if you're boasting about money not being an issue sure, why would they bring something? Are you sure these aren't fair weather friends? When the money runs out are the friends going to disappear?

"boasting of money!" - No, I just said Quote "I am looking for a house instead of a apartment. Budget is not is a issue" Unquote

The reason I said that "budget is not a issue" as I found people living is really awesome "PH" and paying much much lesser than me for my apartment

===

Regarding bringing something when I invite people..as I said a million times before..and I repeat..in my culture..we get offended if guests carry food to our house when we are the ones who have invited them because we have "big hearts" even if pocket is small!

===

everyone to everyone in BA is a "fair weather" friend...

ONe thing, I found...

I was not talking of a house with a garden.

i was taking of a "PH" those 2-3 storey independent building with no elevator and sexy terrace!

ONe thing, I found...

I was not talking of a house with a garden.

i was taking of a "PH" those 2-3 storey independent building with no elevator and sexy terrace!

We've got that in Urquiza, with garage, independent entrance, it's more like what in other places would be called a townhome. First floor garage / entrance storage area, upstairs living, powder room, kitchen, balcony, up from that 2 beds + full bath, up from that laundry and terrace. Leafy green neighbourhood, the closest "tower" is 6 storeys a block away, otherwise the trees are the tallest things around (5 storeys). Everything else is houses or phs. However it's a quieter area than what a lot of people like. It's a lot harder and a lot more expensive to find the like in Palermo -- Palermo Hollywood there are some nearer to Dorrego. Do you have a garantia though? Because that complicates things further.

. Do you have a garantia though? Because that complicates things further.

I recently discovered that not having "garantia" made no difference. I offered to 2 different owners in my building to take their apartment and i will pay 6 months rent in advance ; i am single, no kids ; and traveling a lot.

I dont know if anybody would believe me, those two owners have been literally chasing me and torrenting my phone with messsages and emails!

*the power of paying in advance*

For the last five years we've experienced the best of local Buenos Aires life in our house. We live in a neighborhood just past Belgrano R on the border of Villa Urquezia and Saavedra. Easily accessbile by red and green lines, various bus lines, the retiro to Mitre line, and taxis across town to San Telmo cost about 140 pesos so we have never even felt the need to own a car.

We have alarm but the only ones who set it off so far is us. Our now 4 year old likes to wake the house up in the morning by opening one of the doors to trigger it.

The local butcher, vegetable stand, and chino all treat us very well. We know how not to get ripped off and they respect us more for it.

The pool treats us well in the summer.

When we moved here we gutted it and updated it to make it comfortable to modern day and US standards.

Our local friends say this Yanqui is the best parillero they have tasted. I grill almost 10 times a week... oven is pretty much unused...We grill more veggies than meat...

We moved back to Miami in Febraury. We're back this week for little vacation. The house and barrio life is as sweet this time around as it was five years ago when we first fell in love.

For the last nine months we've had a housesitter living here.

If you'd like to rent our home come over this weekend for a visit. We leave for Miami Monday.

Back