Local customs: Bidet

Bidet: yes or no?

• I can't live without it definetly!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't even know what it is for...as I don´t use it.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • I use it, but can live without it

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

nikad

Registered
Out of curiosity: I know that in several European countries and in the US, the bidet is not very popular ( bidet: that friend sitting next / in front of your toilet ), my question is, have you got used to using it and now almost can´t live without it? This questions is for expats living in Argentina.

The poll is anonymous ;)

I regularly place my towel or clean clothes (that I'm going to put on after my shower) into the bidet, because I've never lived in a house where people actually use it. (I only shared a bathroom with extranjeros.)

So yes, I use it regularly. :)

Two of my students (males) were fairly shocked to learn that bidets virtually don't exist in the USA. (The only one I knew about was taken out of the bathroom when it was remodeled.)

PS- You need a POLL OPTION:

"I know EXACTLY what it's for and that's why I DON'T use it."

Napoleon said:
I regularly place my towel or clean clothes (that I'm going to put on after my shower) into the bidet, because I've never lived in a house where people actually use it. (I only shared a bathroom with extranjeros.)

So yes, I use it regularly. :)

Two of my students (males) were fairly shocked to learn that bidets virtually don't exist in the USA. (The only one I knew about was taken out of the bathroom when it was remodeled.)

PS- You need a POLL OPTION:

"I know EXACTLY what it's for and that's why I DON'T use it."

Oh geez! now I can´t add more options :p ( I wouldn´t use it if I was sharing the bathroom with other people tough...

TOTO Washlet S300 Jasmin SW554 (Elongated) - SW554

theres a middle ground between a bidet and a toilet available on the internet and (at least in the usa) in plumbing stores its a bidet/toilet that functions as a wash up and blow dryer after whatever for men and woman it makes using toilet paper feel old fashioned and second rate clean supposedly 70% percent of households in japan use something like this and they are cropping up in upper end hotels google them and you can find several makes from 400 $usa and up, that attach onto an existing toilet remove the old seat and put these on instead its Modern life at its best smile......

We use ours for socks and reading materials. I also like to turn it on just to make a mess in the bathroom....scares the cat :)

criswkh said:
We use ours for socks and reading materials. I also like to turn it on just to make a mess in the bathroom....scares the cat :)

I hope you don't turn it on with reading materials in it.

This is a great thread! I remember the first time I saw a bidet was in Rome, Italy on vacation in 1979....in our hotel room. Didn't know what it was but it worked great for hand washing clothes and soaking sore tired feet after walking all over the city! I just laughed out loud with the similar responses here:D

We have 2 in our home here and my husband swears by them....he was also raised in BA....I have yet to expore them;)

criswkh said:
I also like to turn it on just to make a mess in the bathroom....scares the cat :)
When you say "Scares the cat", could you be more specific.

:D

Back