locked out of my canadian online banking!

Get a US phone number via magic jack app. Its incredibly useful.

A monthly Skype account is very cheap and you can always cancel.

how much is cheap and is my bank going to pick up that call on the other end? does it give you a real number when you subscribe? thanks.

https://www.skype.com/en/international-calls/ has the Skype prices. Unlimited minutes to North America for USD 6 per month. You can set a caller ID, so it looks like you're calling from a "normal" phone.

thanks for info but there isn't much of a point subscribing for a couple of phone calls... i thought there is like a one time credit option maybe... anyways. i get the feeling i'm gonna have to send a pigeon to canada.

I call my Cdn banks to reset online banking info etc...,CRA etc all the time for free using Skype on my android phone. I don't see what the problem is...

thanks for info but there isn't much of a point subscribing for a couple of phone calls... i thought there is like a one time credit option maybe... anyways. i get the feeling i'm gonna have to send a pigeon to canada.
Yes, of course there is, you can just add credit from your card and use it up, the per minute rates should also be on the page.

I call my Cdn banks to reset online banking info etc...,CRA etc all the time for free using Skype on my android phone. I don't see what the problem is...

thanks for lifting my spirits Neil, i'll give it a go and see if that's true. what a promise.

Neil i just tried calling 00 1 902-420-2422 toll free CIBC number from my phone's skype and it doesn't work. it says i need credit. how did you call for free?

Back