locked out of my canadian online banking!

Expat0tree....1-8883372422 works I get to the cibc front end asking for card #....free call try this...

expat0tree, if you are a senior citizen, I apologize, but you are complicating this way too much.

Neil listed a 1800 number for CIBC in his post 1800-465-2422.

If it doesn't work, buy a few dollars worth of credit from Skype.

There is also an app called VIBER that you can download on your phone and buy $1 of credit for 45 minutes or something like that.

expat0tree, if you are a senior citizen, I apologize, but you are complicating this way too much.

Neil listed a 1800 number for CIBC in his post 1800-465-2422.

If it doesn't work, buy a few dollars worth of credit from Skype.

There is also an app called VIBER that you can download on your phone and buy $1 of credit for 45 minutes or something like that.

ha ! it worked !!! it's miracle!!! i reached them and they are sending me a new card to argentina!!!

yes, you were right, 1800 number works, even though 1902 is also their toll free. thanks for the recent insult by the way, it sure did kick my ass! and no i'm not a senior citizen, just stubborn and too methodical. saludos!

thanks for info but there isn't much of a point subscribing for a couple of phone calls... i thought there is like a one time credit option maybe... anyways. i get the feeling i'm gonna have to send a pigeon to canada.

6 dollars would solve your problem instead of messing around on Google trying to figure out how to call.

Time value is probably worth it

FYI, there is an app for iOS and Android called Fongo, which works like Skype. For advantage, it gives you free Canadian number for incoming call and SMS, and even outgoing calls to most of Canadian urban areas are free.

6 dollars would solve your problem instead of messing around on Google trying to figure out how to call.

That’s basically it, Skype has become hugely less useful since Micro$oft took it over and built in the back doors for the NSA. Most pf my contacts on it are inactive now, moved to WhatsApp,Telegram, Signal or whatever. However being able to call normal phone numbers is a big advantage, my girlfriend and I have accounts linked to our credit cards, they get automagically topped up when the credit is almost used up, we have our monthly subscriptions and we can call our parents and families from our mobiles pretty much headache free.

how much is cheap and is my bank going to pick up that call on the other end? does it give you a real number when you subscribe? thanks.
By signing up for autopay on the basic monthly service it costs me $2.99 a month. I'm not in Argentina but used it on my tablet to make phone calls to my bank and family from Eastern Europe and Central Asia. As long as you've got a decent internet connection it works well. You can spend more with them for an assigned phone number and other bells and whistles but I find it does all I need with the basic service. Otherwise friends and family contact me for free on Messenger. You call your bank through Skype and all their customer service knows is they have an incoming call. If the wifi I'm using isn't great I always let them know I'm calling on Skype if there are any issues.

That’s basically it, Skype has become hugely less useful since Micro$oft took it over and built in the back doors for the NSA. Most pf my contacts on it are inactive now, moved to WhatsApp,Telegram, Signal or whatever. However being able to call normal phone numbers is a big advantage, my girlfriend and I have accounts linked to our credit cards, they get automagically topped up when the credit is almost used up, we have our monthly subscriptions and we can call our parents and families from our mobiles pretty much headache free.
Fortunately my life is so boring the NSA loses interest quickly. :)

ha ! it worked !!! it's miracle!!! i reached them and they are sending me a new card to argentina!!!
Don't get excited yet...You are aware that most things don't arrive to Argentina, and the ones that do are subject to a highway robbery ransom by aduanas...Italian gal posted here a couple years ago that they wanted 120 bucks - green bucks, that is, for a credit card sent to her from home...

and i would if i had a credit card but most importantly why pay when it's free.
Don't get excited yet...You are aware that most things don't arrive to Argentina, and the ones that do are subject to a highway robbery ransom by aduanas...Italian gal posted here a couple years ago that they wanted 120 bucks - green bucks, that is, for a credit card sent to her from home...

i hope this won't happen to me, and in the case it does i'm just going to abandon it there and hope my online account can be recovered shortly thereafter since i'm going to call them back and tell them about the failed delivery. their services already know i had called and noted my problem as well as the import and general mailing restrictions currently experienced in argentina.

Back