Long term expat new on forum

ItsyBits

Registered
Hello expats
I´m not exactly new to B.A. I´ve been living here for over 5 years. Moved here from Sweden because my wife is porteña and we wanted to raise our small kids (2 and 4) here for a couple of years before we move to Sweden.
I´ve been reading on this forum for a couple of years bet never posted anything. But like most foreigners that lived here for a couple of years I feel the need to discuss and vent about being a expat in this country. That mixed feeling of love and hate that I guess most people that lived here for a while know exactly what I am talking about. The helplessness to see a country with so much possibilities but unable to take advantage of them.

For now I study webdesign with interest towards usability. There is certainly a need for that here.

Anyways, hopefully i´ll get to know some of you more on this forum.

Have a nice day!

ItsyBits,
Thank you for joining the BaExPats and welcome.
You have shown some real class insulting your blog host on your first post.
>For now I study webdesign with interest towards usability.
>There is certainly a need for that here.

Hahaha, yeah I guess it could be interpreted that way. I was actually thinking more about webdesign in general in Argentina. Sorry if I offended anyone.

ItsyBits said:
That mixed feeling of love and hate that I guess most people that lived here for a while know exactly what I am talking about.

I know it well. I'm in the US for a few days (downtown Philadelphia). It's such a relief to get out of the craziness of BA. On the other hand, I'll be glad to go back next week. In the meantime, I read newspapers from BA, listen to radio from BA (via internet), and keep logging in to this forum. Go figure.

Anyway, welcome to the forum ItsyBits. I spent some time in Sweden a thousand years ago. Beautiful country.

Back