Long term rental advice

maritz22

Registered
hey guys,
i was just wondering if any of you have any wise words or pointers regarding a long term rental in BA as a foreigner. situation is this: we are renting an apartment through your typical internet tourist agenct (stopinbuenosaires.com.ar) and we asked to take the apartment for a long period. they then said they wanted all the rent up front (alot seeing as our apartment is 1000 usd and we want it for 6 months!)
then after i said no this is insane, they agreed verbally we could keep it as long as we like and pay monthly. surprise surprise today i receive an email saying "so sorry but the landlady has another reservation for a month in december to jan"
so we need to find an apartment to rent who will let us pay MONTHLY (happy to sign a contract) without us having to have a guarantia etc..
if any one has any advice atall please do reply
thanks very much

It is possible, I don't really have any pointers just wanted to give you hope that you can find places. My apartment at the moment has one year contract, no guarantee and I pay monthly, found it on Clarin. Still pay the crazy tourist prices but yeah you'll find what your looking for I'm sure.

Hi Maritz22

I currently own an apartment that I want to rent out. Paying monthly wouldn't be an issue for me. It is located in a 1920's building in Leandro N Alem and Tucuman. It is a one bed refurbished to a high standard fully furnished. I am looking at a monthly rental of 750 dollars (all taxes included, not utilities). If you are interested drop me an email [email protected]

Best,

Dear Martiz:There is in this forum a thread on renting apartments in Buenos Aires.Good luck!

it is possible if you don't rent it over an agency. So through the owner it is the best way. I have a smaller apartment (2 ambientes) in Las Canitas with a 2 year contract for less then 1000 arg. Pesos excl. any other costs. So in total we pay with gas, expensas, internet, etc. arround 420-440 US$ :)

"lnc" said:
Hi Maritz22

I currently own an apartment that I want to rent out. Paying monthly wouldn't be an issue for me. It is located in a 1920's building in Leandro N Alem and Tucuman. It is a one bed refurbished to a high standard fully furnished. I am looking at a monthly rental of 750 dollars (all taxes included, not utilities). If you are interested drop me an email [email protected]

Best,
This is completely overpriced. Look someplace else.

Back