Long-term scooter rental in Buenos Aires

lorenz

Registered
I will be arriving in Buenos Aires in two weeks and was wondering if there was any possibility to either rent or buy a scooter for tourists.

Where I’m from there is really no need for a car, motorcycle or scooter, but a friend of mine told me that public transportation is not always ideal and I wanted to have a bit more freedom while moving around in BA.

The problem is: I’ll only be staying for 10 months so I am unsure if the let me buy a scooter without an official residence in Argentina, as I technically am a tourist.

In Austria there is the possibility of long-term scooters and motorcycles rental and I was just wondering if there are services of this kind in BA.

Or are there maybe other possibilities for tourist to get vehicles?

Thanks in advance
Lorenz

I will be arriving in Buenos Aires in two weeks and was wondering if there was any possibility to either rent or buy a scooter for tourists.

Where I’m from there is really no need for a car, motorcycle or scooter, but a friend of mine told me that public transportation is not always ideal and I wanted to have a bit more freedom while moving around in BA.

The problem is: I’ll only be staying for 10 months so I am unsure if the let me buy a scooter without an official residence in Argentina, as I technically am a tourist.

In Austria there is the possibility of long-term scooters and motorcycles rental and I was just wondering if there are services of this kind in BA.

Or are there maybe other possibilities for tourist to get vehicles?

Thanks in advance
Lorenz
Public transportation here is great and very inexpensive. Taxis are dirt cheap.

I wouldn't hassle with it. It's far easier and probably cheaper over the long run. I know several locals friends that have had their scooters stolen. Same thing with bikes. I'd just take public transportation and ride share is also really good there Yeah, it can add up but you can get around easily between all those options. And walking around is good too.

Download the Como LLegar App and you can use it online too - https://mapa.buenosaires.gob.ar/comollego/?lat=-34.620000&lng=-58.440000&zl=12&modo=transporte

Will give you detailed directions which buses to take.

Download moovitapp.com
Public Transportation: Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires. Moovit helps you find the best way
to get to around with step-by-step directions from the nearest public transportation station.
Moovit provides free maps and live directions to help you navigate the City of BA.
View schedules, routes, services and find out how long it takes to get to anywhere in real time.

Back