Looking for 6-month informal rental options

Jesse...I have been using Airbnb for years. I am in one now and moving to a new one in ten days. Do this....when you put in your dates on Airbnb put in a 4 month time frame. Then you can see if the unit is available for an extended time. Then check individual units for a one month price using the list of units you found in the first search. Then you write to the owner and chit chat. It always works for me. You may get a deal. Otherwise renting in Latin America....especially Argentina (and Colombia) is bizarre beyond your wildest imagination. No...worse. You will avoid the plaque by using Airbnb. I almost would say you have to. (Craigslist will probably involve fees and deposits....and good luck with that)

60640 was my zip code for years.

My advice would be do as others have suggested and book a airbnb when you land, then see if the host will consider a long term stay on an informal arangement. I met my current landlord that way (but another host made a similar offer), and I'm paying my rent with Xoom.

I've found some good deals and places on Craigslist in BA, but you need to wade through a lot of crap. Definitely be careful when using it here as there are lots of scams.
That's been my experience as well. You need patience and an ability to smell out the bad ones, but there are very good finds on Craigslist.

Another vote for AirBnb, I arrived in March and originally reserved the apartment I am in for 3 months and then extended beyond that for the rest of the year with an agreement outside of AirBnB with the owner.

@BAHibs really expecting things to be bad worldwide for the rest of the year, or were you planning on staying anyways?

Another vote for Airbnb , had several good Xp in the last 12 months . In March 2020 rented on a monthly basis outside Airbnb. Some owners May accept pesos...??

@BAHibs really expecting things to be bad worldwide for the rest of the year, or were you planning on staying anyways?

I was planning to stay a while in South America at least (I'm teaching English online while travelling), but with the situation as it is I'm going to stay in BA for foreseeable future to wait things out.

Back