Looking for a furnished apartment

Wow, looking at Airbnb and then comparing the prices to what local real estate agents are asking is hilarious.
I had some clown on FB tell me breathlessly that she could show me apartments "starting from as little as 48K pesos per month!", which we both know means most of what she has is far, far more expensive than that. There are really nice places on Airbnb for much less than that.

I despise real estate people in any market, but the ones here are the scum of the earth, I swear.

What criteria are you putting in to get those prices?

You cannot compare.
For usd 25 you are getting outstanding apartments that 48.000 can never pay.
I´m divorcing now so I was at an hote at Recoleta for 2000 pesos the night, an Airbnb´s studio for 20 usd at Juncal & Aguero and now I'm at a 2 rooms one for 25 usd per nigh at Palermo.

Great monthly rentals offers at Airbnb..! However rates are in Dollars..! Where will the blue Dollar be in December 2021? Better to have a rental deal in Pesos, hence your rent will adjust downwards with increasing Blue Dollar rates.

Great monthly rentals offers at Airbnb..! However rates are in Dollars..! Where will the blue Dollar be in December 2021? Better to have a rental deal in Pesos, hence your rent will adjust downwards with increasing Blue Dollar rates.

That is a valid point. But I am also thinking about the 8-10% I lose in the process of converting my dollars to pesos. WU is very efficient but their fees are exorbitant.

That is a valid point. But I am also thinking about the 8-10% I lose in the process of converting my dollars to pesos. WU is very efficient but their fees are exorbitant.

Interesting. Another thing that I’m not sure is a valid concern, but someone mentioned in another thread regarding inflation, was that once upon a time Argentina had inflation issues and then adopted a peg to the dollar. Would that make the peso suddenly worth much more? If something like that happens again, or Argentina adopts some other policy that suddenly increases the value of the peso, might it not be better to price things in dollar?

Interesting. Another thing that I’m not sure is a valid concern, but someone mentioned in another thread regarding inflation, was that once upon a time Argentina had inflation issues and then adopted a peg to the dollar. Would that make the peso suddenly worth much more? If something like that happens again, or Argentina adopts some other policy that suddenly increases the value of the peso, might it not be better to price things in dollar?

In my opinion, there is no handwavium solution that will actually increase the value of the peso. The gov't can do as it likes with the official exchange rate, but the Blue Dollar will laugh.

I'm chuckling at the idea of the chaos that would result if F&F tomorrow declared that the peso is pegged to the dollar at 1-1 again. The Ghost of Menem would haunt the Central Bank for sure, like in Dickens' A Christmas Carol. "Ebenezer Fernandez, I am the Ghost of Pesos Past!"

The more I think about this, the funnier it gets, but I suspect Hobson's Choice might be a better analogy for Argentina's economy right now than A Christmas Carol.

Last edited:
Hi all I’m looking for a nice modern furnished apartment in Caballito for a few months from October, ideally not too far from Puan. I’ve looked on Airbnb and Craigslist but the options in the area aren’t nearly as nice as what’s available in Palermo/Recoleta . Any other sites you could recommend ?

This seems the best forum site ive found but any tips for booking in Bariloche for a month?

Back