Looking for a furnished apartment

Don't know about temporary, furnished rentals but I'm pretty sure regular rentals are going to continue becoming more scarce and more expensive. The new rental laws were, I believe, intended to give more security to tenants but seem to have had the effect of encouraging landlords out of the market. This is only anecdotal but two people I know have each had an apartment vacated recently in buildings which have permission for mixed residential/office use and they instructed their agents only to accept business users. One apartment is now a doctor's office, the other an accountant. That's two apartments lost to families who need somewhere to live but I can't blame the owners for taking those decisions.

Wow, looking at Airbnb and then comparing the prices to what local real estate agents are asking is hilarious.
I had some clown on FB tell me breathlessly that she could show me apartments "starting from as little as 48K pesos per month!", which we both know means most of what she has is far, far more expensive than that. There are really nice places on Airbnb for much less than that.

I despise real estate people in any market, but the ones here are the scum of the earth, I swear.

I couldn't agree more. I'm happy to see AirBnb disintermediate these lovely folks. Now they'll have to get a real job.

Don't know about temporary, furnished rentals but I'm pretty sure regular rentals are going to continue becoming more scarce and more expensive. The new rental laws were, I believe, intended to give more security to tenants but seem to have had the effect of encouraging landlords out of the market. This is only anecdotal but two people I know have each had an apartment vacated recently in buildings which have permission for mixed residential/office use and they instructed their agents only to accept business users. One apartment is now a doctor's office, the other an accountant. That's two apartments lost to families who need somewhere to live but I can't blame the owners for taking those decisions.
pretty much every bright idea the government has to "protect" something turns out as a failure

Wow, looking at Airbnb and then comparing the prices to what local real estate agents are asking is hilarious.
I had some clown on FB tell me breathlessly that she could show me apartments "starting from as little as 48K pesos per month!", which we both know means most of what she has is far, far more expensive than that. There are really nice places on Airbnb for much less than that.

I despise real estate people in any market, but the ones here are the scum of the earth, I swear.

I wish I could find an Airbnb for less than 48K pesos per month?( 48000/176) /30 = US$ 8.52 per day ..! Lowest price for a nice apt. in Airbnb is about US$ 20 per day..!
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I wish I could find an Airbnb for less than 48K pesos per month?( 48000/176) /30 = US$ 8.52 per day ..! Lowest price for a nice apt. in Airbnb is about US$ 20 per day..!
Please correct me if i'm wrong.
You cannot compare.
For usd 25 you are getting outstanding apartments that 48.000 can never pay.
I´m divorcing now so I was at an hote at Recoleta for 2000 pesos the night, an Airbnb´s studio for 20 usd at Juncal & Aguero and now I'm at a 2 rooms one for 25 usd per nigh at Palermo.

Last edited:
If you stay longer than a month message the host and ask for a larger discount. If you stay for 6+ months they will offer you a larger discount. If you want you can negotiate outside airbnb and get an even larger discount.

If you stay longer than a month message the host and ask for a larger discount. If you stay for 6+ months they will offer you a larger discount. If you want you can negotiate outside airbnb and get an even larger discount.
The appartment where I am now cost 50 usd per night, 25 if you stay a month.

Back