Looking For A Good Resource To Sell New Iphone 5S In B.a.

Your problem is the pricing, you're not going to get that. Even though it is 32gb -- I know people who have paied the 1000 bucks, but for 2000 they might as well just travel to Miami themselves and pick it up in person and have a holiday.

We're coming into holiday time, so rather than thinking "I've GOT to have one for Christmas" a lot of locals thinking to buy one will just wait until their package holiday to Orlando or wherever the hell their going in January. Or better yet, their saving their airfare, and getting their Argentine relative that lives abroad to bring them one for Christmas (a friend of ours is bringing 5 for various siblings and cousins).

yes they are 750 on ebay in the states new 5s 32 gb..... so you can still make a cool 450-500 dollars if you get realistic at 1200-1250 dollars ..not bad... but might have to go lower to get that in dollars.... just my opinion

but you have to sell to wealthy locals.. since most expats will just wait and buy one when they go back or have friends or family visiting bring one down

I tried to sell some electronics once and expats wont pay crazy prices since they have easy or some access for this stuff when they go back or have people come down.... not many people going to pay double the price on this forum....... but good luck

Question to the savvy BAexpats. I have a trip planned for January 2014 to BsAs after Santiago Chile.
Does it worth for me to haul couple of used ( personal used ) iphones in the 3 GS with 32 Gig and an
iphone 4 S with 64 Gig for sale if possible there? If doable or not please inform me of the facts.
Both phones unlocked by AT&T due to coming out of contract. Currently have the 5 S.. which I'm bringing over for use there with local pre-paid sim card..
Any feasibility info as doable or not would be much appreciated and the price range for each of my phones listed above to be unloaded there if any demand?

Domo-Arigato !

The problem with bringing goods into the country to sell is that the Blue Rate is making these items much more expensive than before. A couple of years ago I had a regular business running back and forth. The price of the Dollar has put a serious dent in that. Now I just run drugs and cash (just kidding).

Consider an iPhone. You get one on eBay for U$750. The price at 4.5/1 was A$R 3,375. Now it costs A$R 4,500. Add onto that your margin and you've just out-priced yourself in the local market. That makes alternative local products more attractive than before.

I recently sold an iPhone 3g (model 2008), jail-broken for 1200 pesos cash.
Not on Mercadolibre but to a customer at my shop.
Maybe I was just lucky, but it's definitely worth bringing used stuff down here.

Agree 100% with GS_Dirtboy. The dolar blue has changed the game for electronics here completely. I used to buy the latest iGadget and sell the old one for the same price I paid for the new one. That is no longer the case.

A new iPhone 5s 32GB with 1 year warranty and delivery is selling for $12,499 on MercadoLibre. That's U$S 1343, but they can also make payments with no interest. You'd better seriously reconsider your price.

Back