Looking for a private tango instructor.

flashyashi

Registered
I searched the forum for past threads but the last one was almost a year ago now. I am looking to take private tango lessons with an instructor who speaks English. I am looking for something near me I live near Las Heras and Austria. I'd appreciate any input and if you have someone you love I am willing to cab it.

Thanks All,

Ash

Hi Ash,

My name is Cyrena and I am an American but I have been living in Buenos Aires for the past 6 years. I am a professional tango dancer and instructor. You can see more info about me on my blog:
http://cyrenatango.blogspot.com/.

Please feel free to contact me. My email is [email protected] and we can arrange some tango classes.

Thanks!
Saludos,
Cyrena

if you are looking to practice with another beginner let me know. I took classes for a year in the states and I just arrived and will be taking lessons here for the next few months.

Hi, a friend of mine, Sergio Segura, is a tango teacher and theater producer from BA but has been living and working in NY the last several years. He's going to be in BA for two months and is fluent in English. If you're interested his cell phone number is 15-3558-3422.

His webpage is: www.learnargentinetango.com

Good luck!

Natalie

Hola Ash!

Who you choose to study with should depend on which style of tango you want to learn--traditional or "nuevo."

My Argentine partner and I, an American from Los Angeles, teach bilingual private classes in traditional tango milonguero in Boedo, with no extra charge for studio rental or practice partner.

Ruben and I teach social tango as it is danced in the milongas of Buenos Aires. We don't teach patterns or steps, but tango based on the music, embrace, connection, improvisation, sensuality, and elegance.

Ruben and I have been teaching together since 2006 when we were high-ranking finalists in the Buenos Aires Tango Championships.

To see what previous students think about their time with us, check out our 36 5-star reviews on TripAdvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...es-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Remember that only a man can teach a man to dance like a man!

P.S. My memoir, The Church of Tango, was published last month and is available in paper and on Kindle from Amazon.

Un abrazo tanguero,
Cherie

Does anyone know of any good private tango instructors in Belgrano (or close)? There's a million different schools and everyone is "world renowned", so it's hard to know who the good one are.

They don't need to speak English, they just need to be a good teacher and make learning tango fun. In fact, it may be better if they don't speak English since it appears that a lot of the bilingual teachers use the tourist pricing structure.

(teachers on the board: feel free to PM me)

Back