Looking For A Room In A "casa Compartida"

BuenaLurcat

Registered
Hello Everyone,
I'm pretty new to this forum, I just moved to BA about a month ago and I'm staying with a couple in Caballito. I am looking to move out by the end of the month, more or less and have been having a harder time than expected finding a place. Perhaps I am being too picky....I'm a 31 year old female, I'm doing an internship here fulfilling a graduate program. I'm looking to live in a shared house with other people, preferably Argentines or others who speak Spanish. I speak Spanish pretty well but would really like to live with people who I can practice with through speaking. My price range is about $2000 - $2500 pesos. I can't really figure out what is "normal" because prices seem to be all over the place but the two Argentine women I work with think $2500 is a lot, however most places I've found are around this price or higher. I would prefer a room with a window, if possible (maybe I am being too picky?). Finally, I'm looking to live in Villa Crespo, Almagro, Palermo, Caballito, maybe Recoleta (but seems pricier) or around these neighborhoods.

If anyone has any advice on finding a good place or can put me in contact with people, I would totally appreciate it! Thank you!

Ericka

Well i have left a room in Buenos Aires in a big beutifull apartment of 4 rooms and 3 bathrooms where for now one of my brothers is living alone 120 sq mts, we are not sure if we want to put people in the apartment but is a posibility as the place is to big for so few people. Not sure about price do.

Welcome to Buenos Aires. I hope you are enjoying yourself here. Regarding prices for housing, you are absolutely right, prices are all over the place. Based on what I hear from people I know in a similar situation to yours, $2500 pesos for a room in a shared apartment in any of those neighborhoods is on the low side and difficult to find. Reason being that those are desireable neighborhoods, and people who have rooms to rent can rent them to students usually from Colombia, or the USA and actually get around $400-$500 U$D which these days with the blue dollar gives them a much higher return. Keep looking though, there are some places around, but you may have to switch neighborhoods, possibly Barracas, San Cristóbal, Boedo, etc, which aren't as hip as the ones you mentioned but fairly close in distance at most 15-30 minutes by bus or subway.

Well i have left a room in Buenos Aires in a big beutifull apartment of 4 rooms and 3 bathrooms where for now one of my brothers is living alone 120 sq mts, we are not sure if we want to put people in the apartment but is a posibility as the place is to big for so few people. Not sure about price do.
Forget to mention the apartment is In recoleta, in the corner of Callao and Las Heras 2 blocks from the Recoleta cementery.

I have a 31 year old friend with a very large apartment on the Retiro/Recoleta border. She is Columbian but has been living here for many years and is a student. She has a room becoming available mid September in her apartment that has it's own at bathroom as well. She specifically wants to rent to an English speaker to get more familiar with the language, but its funny because she barely speaks a word of English! Anyway I've known her for years and she's a very nice person. I think she wanted $400 month. If you are interested send me a PM and I'll give you her contact info.

Welcome to Buenos Aires. I hope you are enjoying yourself here. Regarding prices for housing, you are absolutely right, prices are all over the place. Based on what I hear from people I know in a similar situation to yours, $2500 pesos for a room in a shared apartment in any of those neighborhoods is on the low side and difficult to find. Reason being that those are desireable neighborhoods, and people who have rooms to rent can rent them to students usually from Colombia, or the USA and actually get around $400-$500 U$D which these days with the blue dollar gives them a much higher return. Keep looking though, there are some places around, but you may have to switch neighborhoods, possibly Barracas, San Cristóbal, Boedo, etc, which aren't as hip as the ones you mentioned but fairly close in distance at most 15-30 minutes by bus or subway.

I don't think this is at all true. I've been apartment searching for a while and looking for basically the exact same housing situation as you in the exact same neighborhoods, and 2500 is definitely available, although I've seen many in the 2700 range as well. Try compartodepto.com or craigslist under the "rooms/ shares" section. Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something! I can PM you info on a place I visited and liked in Almagro, but I ended up wanting to live closer to people my age. It's 2000.

Back