Looking for an apartment as from Aug. 2010

buenos work

Registered
Hi All,

We are planning to arrive at BA by the beginning of Aug. 2010.
We have recently started to search for a 'departamento' and it seems to be a challenging task...

We are a couple with pets, looking for a long term rental (~2 years) in Palermo, Recoleta or Puerto madero.
The apartment should be furnished, min. 2 rooms (at least 80m.), modern and with 24H security. 'torre' can be an option.
Our budget is aprox. U$S1200.

If anyone know about an apt. that is about to be available soon or owners of relevant apt., I will appreciate if you could share it with us.

Thank you,

O

It's Saturday so I guess that it's my turn to answer this question. :)

The short answer: it's not as simple as that. :(

The longer answer: this question comes up several times a week and you need to search through the many threads on this forum that deal with rentals (start with the most recent ones first) and determine, if you don't know already, what your legal status will be, and from that, what will be possible for you and what it is likely to cost.

If you are coming to Bs As on your own initiative it will be far, far simpler to start off with something short-term and temporary while you find your feet and discover what will work for you in the longer term. If you are being sent here from an overseas corporation or you have taken a position with a local firm then in all honesty, the company ought to be doing much more for you than they appear to be doing right now.

I'm sorry if it's not going to be as easy or as cheap as you think. I can only suggest that you have a good, long read on this board, take in other people's experiences and then come back and ask about anything that you might feel hasn't been covered before.

Oh - and good luck!

Back