Looking for an apartment in Palermo (Dec-Jan-Feb)

Maximiliano

Registered
Hi,

I'm an Argentinean who has been living for the last 5 years abroad. I'm coming back for a few months to visit family and friends and it's quite hard to find an apartment. I look at Airbnb, booking, and some apartment rental agencies, but the prices seem a little bit higher than I expected.

I'm looking to rent a two-bedroom apartment in Palermo for Dec-Jan-Feb for two people. If it has a swimming pool, it will be even better.

1) How much can I expect to pay for something like that per month? I budgeted around $1000 USD per month, but IDK if I can find something for that price.
2) Is there any rental agency you could recommend? I'll arrive in Argentina middle of November, and I would like to have something booked in advance.

Thanks!

Just my 2 cents based on my own experience. I think it will be difficult with that budget, especially if you’re looking in the Hollywood area (which I was). For starters most apartments in that area are 1-bedrooms, I was looking for a 2-bedroom too and they are a lot more expensive because the supply is so limited…

I ended up paying €1,200/month for a 1-bedroom last summer (so back then it was like $1,400), and that was a lower price only because I paid in cash. Granted it was one of the best buildings in Hollywood with a huge rooftop pool, 24/7 security, etc. but the apartment itself was truly nothing special.

I would assume this summer prices will be even higher, because there’s a lot more tourists and expats, especially around those months. So my advice would be to either budget around $2K per month or to be flexible with the area (especially other areas of Palermo which aren’t Hollywood or Soho).

Good luck with the search!

Hi,

I'm an Argentinean who has been living for the last 5 years abroad. I'm coming back for a few months to visit family and friends and it's quite hard to find an apartment. I look at Airbnb, booking, and some apartment rental agencies, but the prices seem a little bit higher than I expected.

I'm looking to rent a two-bedroom apartment in Palermo for Dec-Jan-Feb for two people. If it has a swimming pool, it will be even better.

1) How much can I expect to pay for something like that per month? I budgeted around $1000 USD per month, but IDK if I can find something for that price.
2) Is there any rental agency you could recommend? I'll arrive in Argentina middle of November, and I would like to have something booked in advance.

Thanks!
Send me a message directly. I have a friend with a two bedroom apartment with a full bath, toilette and service bathroom near Palermo Chico/recoleta that might be available. I will put you in touch. It doesn’t have a pool but it has security and a parking space with valet included.

Thanks for your advice guys. I ended up booking through Airbnb. I didn't want to go through all the hassle of booking something when just getting there.

I paid $1200 USD per month for a 1 bedroom apartment that has all the amenities I was looking for.

The 2 bedroom apartment where way more expensive, and it wasn't really worth for us.

Back