Looking for beer lovers and homebrewers

Wow, I hadn't realized there were that many craft beer joints around. I had been to both Bullers and another joint that served their selection on a spiraling stand. I don't remember the name. But the issue I had was that these places only serve their beers so the selection gets boring quick.
We have a chain based out of Atlanta (my other home) called TacoMac. They have around 300 beers on tap and another 800 in bottle/can and the selections are always changing.

- Logan

Hi! *My boyfriend and I just moved to Buenos Aires from DC (arrived yesterday and are already loving it here!). *We're hoping to find suggestions for the best places to get interesting beers in the city. *We're living in Boedo and already know about Cossab (can't wait to check it out because it sounds amazing), but are there other places that we should be checking out? *Where are the best stores to buy beers for drinking in the comfort of our apartment? *And what are the best Argentinean beers to try?

We're also homebrewers, and although we don't have the space to start brewing here, we would absolutely love to meet up with some other homebrewers, if there are any around. *We've been brewing for a couple of years and have brewed over 20 batches (with a wide range of styles, including IPAs, Belgian beers, and stouts), so we'd be happy to lend some experience and helping hands to others.

[sub]There some bars that sell homemade beer. One big one is Antares (one in Palermo, mostly crawded and other in Las Cañitas) Also in Gibraltar (San Telmo), The Shangai Dragon (Araoz al 1200) and Bangalore, sell the exelent black beer Gambrinus. In Belgrano is Cervelar, a kind of restaurant with very good beers too. Check on the web the names and choose one!![/sub]
[sub]The weekend of 23 of November, there is a Beer Expo in Santa Teresita, (300 km of BA aprox) Check on the web Camino del Jaguel where the Expo will take place[/sub]

Hello all,

This is my first post here but I wanted to say that I am a homebrewer as well, will be arriving in BA on the 1st of Nov, and would be happy to pick up hops/malt/extract if anyone is interested. Just let me know your budget and what you want. Limited space available!

Ron

Interesting statistic:

Number of U.S. breweries in 1873: 4,131

Number in 1932: 0

Number in 1985: 110

Number in 2015: 4,269

Hi beer lovers,

you can find some good beers in Bs Ars there are some very good small brewers. In Martinez you have 7 colores http://www.cerveza7colores.com.ar/ You can also go to Del Viso north Buenos Aires great beer and people. https://www.facebook.com/CorkBrewing/?rf=228109803987323

I will be brewing beer in the future in my rental cabin in the Sierra of Cordoba.
https://sites.google.com/site/lasiestaserena/

Cheers

Frank

My recomendation is a bar called "Treffen", just around the corner of Plaza de Mayo (Piedras 178), their page is www.treffen.com.ar
They have like 20 different local beer brands to choose from.
And apart from that they have a stunning collection of beer memorabilia exhibited, something I have never seen before.

Back