Looking For Camera Battery (Nikon S70)

UBelgrano

Registered
Hi guys,

I'm a university student from the U.S., taking a semester to study in BsAs. I have a Nikon S70 camera that I've had for several years; the battery is rechargable but I think it just died. I've asked around at several random Kodak shops and nobody seems to know, except for one Chinese guy who said he could have one for me by next Thursday. However, I was really hoping to go somewhere over the weekend (haven't decided where yet, lol).

Any ideas? Appreciate any advice!

Camera Calle in Buenos Aires is Libertad between Corrientes & Lavalle.
There are a whole bunch of camera stores there. If your battery exists in Argentina, thats where you will find it.

i might have one that you can borrow indefinitely. can you send me a photo of the one you have and i'll verify if i have the same one?

For other Nikon camera users:

I inquired about a new lithium battery pack at my local camera shop and was directed to the Nikon camera store on Callao near Santa Fe. I went there today, but they don't carry battery packs. The salesman suggested I check on Mercado Libre.

I have a Coolpix S220 and still use the original battery pack for almost six years. Mercado Libre has the Nikon battery EN EL10 I need for 350 pesos plus shipping OR a generic battery pack for 150 pesos. The prices range from 130-350 for this battery pack. I may try Libertad now that I know the price range. The original battery was $18USD when I bought the camera.

I couldn't delay buying a new battery pack any longer since the old one didn't hold a charge for very long. A friend was in need of a new battery pack for his Casio camera.

I searched Mercado Libre for a convenient location and found TEKHNOLOGIA.COM.AR They can't use their location address on ML, but it was easy to find. They had the Casio pack listed on the site, but not the one I needed for my Nikon. I emailed to ask if I could drop by their location at Suipacha 190 #308 and received a prompt confirmation they had what I needed. The young woman in the office is knowledgeable. I told her the number I needed, and she had a generic that works with my Nikon. The Casio was 170AP and the generic was 150AP. TEKHNOLOGIA gives a 6-month guarantee and labels the packs with date of purchase with their logo. I preferred going to the location than ordering through Mercado Libre with the added charge of shipping.

Back