Looking for english conversation groups

billsfan

Registered
Hey! I'm new here. I work for an american company and would like to improve my english conversational skills, as I have to deal with american clients/managers all the time and I still don't feel confident enough during the meetings (gladly, everyone is nice to me and don't mind at all if I back off some seconds to think).
In exchange, I can provide spanish languange tips or just conversation time (i'm no teacher).

Please, let me know if such group exists or if anyone is interested.
Thanks!

We have a group that meets each Wednesday 6:30 - 8:30pm.
Half hour English/Spanish/English/Spanish. Topics are given so we dont talk about the some stuff all the time. Not meeting this Wednesday due to public holiday but PM me if you want more details.

You can also try Spanglish,not a bad way to practice your English and meet some new people too.

I have to ask about your username - Billsfan? (I'm a Buffalo Bills fan but I can't imagine you could be talking about the same american football team:D)

My schedule is pretty crazy but I would be happy to meet with you when I'm free if you want to practice your English (business or conversational). In turn, I might subject you to my awful castellano which I'm trying to improve;)

flippinkittin said:
Hey billsfan,

Have you heard of Talk Time? They are a group that does meetings in English.

Nope. Please PM me with details if you can, please.
Thanks.

citygirl said:
I have to ask about your username - Billsfan? (I'm a Buffalo Bills fan but I can't imagine you could be talking about the same american football team:D)

My schedule is pretty crazy but I would be happy to meet with you when I'm free if you want to practice your English (business or conversational). In turn, I might subject you to my awful castellano which I'm trying to improve;)

Of course I'm talking of the Bills!! I've been a bills fan since games started to be broacasted over here. Well, at least that I know of :)
My schedule is not very much open either, but at least I can move some work hours at my will, to accomodate if necessary.
Will PM you to see what we can do.

There is an English speaking group composed of expats and Argentines that meet in Belgrano on Av. Cabildo at Fame restaurant Friday evenings. I believe you can google The English Speaking Group".

There is also another called BAIN (Buenos Aires International Newcomers Club) which holds lunches and dinners, etc.

Another is the South American Explorers Club.

Back