Looking for English-speaking rental agent

harrisonba

Registered
Can someone please recommend an English-speaking agency for apartment rentals? I am looking in Recoleta or Palermo for a 5-month period beginning in October. There are lots of online listings here with inflated pricing, and I don't mind paying a commission to get to the suites offering good value.

I'm looking for a furnished apartment that sleeps 3 (me plus occasional visitors) -- so a 1 bedroom with sofa bed, or a 2 bedroom. Wi-fi is essential.

Thanks!

In follow up to my original post, I found a great place with the help of an established and respected agency (referred by my Argentina Castellano tutor): Inmobiliaria Giesso (http://www.giessoprop.com.ar/indexhome.php) in San Telmo on Cochabamba off Defensa. The agency has been there for 40 years.

Giuliana speaks English and was a huge help. This agency's fees are built into the rental rates and the rates are still more than fair.

The deposit is held by the agency. The agent was able to negotiate a large discount for payment of the whole term up front, but full payment up front was not necessary.

I visited other agencies first, and they wanted a fee of 20% of the total rental term. Over five months, that added a full month's rent to the net cost.

There are no doubt lots of other rental websites out there that are honest and have good deals... but there was a lot of comfort in being able to walk into an established office and work with a pro, in English -- for comparable net rent.

Back