Looking for fellow golfers

Mark,
No worries. My problem is that I don't have any clubs. Although I do have a friend who I play with at the Palermo course sometimes who has a set for me to use. I won't be able to in the next couple of weeks, but let's keep in touch and maybe we can all go one day.

Are you still looking for a fourth?

Just arrived from Ireland this week and brought my clubs since I saw I'd be living close enough to the the public course in Palermo. I'm a three year rookie, but can hit under 100 on a good day.

Jens

I am digging through these posts trying to find the best way to get a set of used clubs while I'm down here. Once I figure that out, It'd be great to have someone to play with. I'll circle back to this thread if I manage to locate sticks to use.

An excellent afternoon!
For a cheap* public course it really is pretty impressive - quite long, and although it's absolutely flat, some very interesting holes, with lots of water and trees in play. The fairways needed cutting, but as was pointed out to us, there's been a lot of rain recently - apparently it's normally better kept.

Neither Mark nor I covered ourselves in glory wrt our scoring, but we both had our moments! Thoroughly recommended and it would be great to get a four together for another outing.

Al

* We reckon we got 'tourist taxed' - the posted green-fee for the weekend is AR$50 and we got charged AR$90 "because there's a tournament on, which you have to pay for even if you're not playing in the tournament." Our receipt said AR$50 on it. :-/

Alzinho said:
* We reckon we got 'tourist taxed' - the posted green-fee for the weekend is AR$50 and we got charged AR$90 "because there's a tournament on, which you have to pay for even if you're not playing in the tournament." Our receipt said AR$50 on it. :-/

No I think that's pretty normal. It has happened to me before when there is a tournament on. You're much better off playing on weekdays after 2pm if you have the chance - only $20!

Let me second Al's assessment. We had a great time. When you guys get some clubs let us know and we'll get a foursome together.

Diskosis said:
No I think that's pretty normal. It has happened to me before when there is a tournament on. You're much better off playing on weekdays after 2pm if you have the chance - only $20!

But why would we have to pay the tournament fee if we weren't going to put in our cards? In fact, it didn't look like there actually was a tournament on - the course was far from busy. Nobody had teed off for half an hour whilst I was waiting for our tee-off time and there were no notices up announcing a tournament. Whatever - it's done now!

I'm available to play weekdays if anyone else is up for it. Jens?

Al

Al,

This showed up in another thread. It takes all the guess work out of the GUIA guide. I can actually take a bus from where we picked up the cab and it will take me to Las Heras two blocks from my apartment. I appreciate what the GUIA "T" is trying to do but I need this kind of hand holding.

http://mapa2.buenosaires.gob.ar/

Definitely up for it.

I went yesterday afternoon at the odd chance of getting on the course without a reservation. I had to wait 30 mins, paid $50 and ended up playing with 2 very friendly Argentines and a Canadian. They were way out of my league with Hcps between 4 and 14. Having played Irish winter links for most of this year, the long rough there did its best to destroy my score, too. The last hour was also embellished by millions of mosquitoes raiding upon me.

In short, I can't wait to get back, armed with plenty of Off lotion and the hope that they'll have cut the grass a bit :)

I'm around this week-end, but can probably also arrange my working time for a mid-week round. It's possible to book online as well: http://www.campogolfpalermo.com/golf/login.php

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the mosquitos....they were HUGE!

Jens - I'm going to send you a PM with my number. I can't play next weekend because I've got my son with me, but I'd be game for a round Thursday or Friday.

Al

Back