Looking for friends

2NYersInBA

Registered
Hello, my wife and I (we are both 22) have just moved to Buenos Aires 4 days ago and have yet to run into any Americans. We speak OK castellano but are looking for people to hang out/practice castellano with. We are currently residing in Barrio Norte. Let us know if you want to hang out this weekend. Ciao.

well actually I am not what you are exactly looking for - since I also just moved here and Spanish is also not my mother tongue. Anyways - as I find myself also in search for friends to go out (moved here 8 days ago)... I write to you anyways. Entonces si igual os gustaría ir por una copa con una Austriaca de 21 anos - avisame. Mi correo electronico es [email protected] Vivo en Recoleta. Vale a ver si nos vemos. Si no os deseo buena estancia aqui.
Saludos Judith

Hi...Im not exactly what you are looking for either (not American) but English. I have been living here with my Argenitne boyfreind for 5 months and was concentrating on Spanish for those first 5 so now trying to meet some expats too. I live in Cabillito you can email me on [email protected]

ok guys definitely email me because I am an american been living here for a year and 7 months and I happen to have a small group of english speakeing friends that love to go out, so email me and maybe we can do something tomorrow night with everyone! [email protected][email protected]cell phone: 1564412595 -Mike hope to hear from you all!

I have been practicing some spanish and am American as well and would defintiely meet up for a night of practicing if you want

Hey guys. I am also an american, 31, and have quite a good size group of english speaking friends. I also started an organization and we organize events. The next one is a happy hour this sunday at Drinks Gallery in Las Canitas. Its posted here on baexpats to the left. We typically have 20-40, almost all english speaking, people come out who generally range from 19 - 35. Hope to see you this sunday and check out the site for other events as we do things weekly www.expat-connection.com.

Hello, I am from New York and have been living here since June 2006. I speak fluent Spanish so if you want to practice let me know! :) I am 43 years old and live in Villa Pueyrredon. Have Wheels, Will Travel!!
Later!
Alex

nyinba, its nice to know thera are other expats over 40 here.
quote:
"We typically have 20-40, almost all english speaking, people come out who generally range from 19 - 35. Hope to see you this sunday"
maybe we should make are own group
expats@oldfarts over 40 but not quite over the hill....LOL!
over 35's need'nt try the link ...it was a joke duh!

Interesting comments here. I am an English speaking North American living in Argentina and I have lots of local Argentine and expat friends. We speak English and Spanish depending on the time and place. I find it interesting that so many foreigners move here and surround themselves with people from where they came, even to the point that they advertise and/or look for this type of group. What's the point of moving here.I say, immerse yourself in the culture and jump into the pool of local culture and customs through interactions with the local Argentine. Running around with groups of English speaking expatriots and hanging out in expat bars hardly qualifies for an Argentine experience.
Cheers - Brian

"Mitscherman" said:
Interesting comments here. I am an English speaking North American living in Argentina and I have lots of local Argentine and expat friends. We speak English and Spanish depending on the time and place. I find it interesting that so many foreigners move here and surround themselves with people from where they came, even to the point that they advertise and/or look for this type of group. What's the point of moving here.I say, immerse yourself in the culture and jump into the pool of local culture and customs through interactions with the local Argentine. Running around with groups of English speaking expatriots and hanging out in expat bars hardly qualifies for an Argentine experience.
Cheers - Brian
Would be good advice in a normal country but we happen to be in argentina, home of the thieves. An unsuspecting American can really be taken advantage of so it's almost always better to not venture into this culture without knowing the argentine tricks of the trade.

Back