Looking for friends

I don't really agree with the previous post, which I'm sure was meant to be sarcastic, but I would like to add that some of us living here are not just "passing by" or here "to learn the culture". I've been here for a few years (for reasons of the heart) and will mostly like have to stay a few more, so its not like I'm missing out on a cultural opportunity if I want to get to know people from my home country.
Coincidentally, I came across a blog posting today that discusses the exact same issue. Check it out - http://iamcoog.blogspot.com/2007/07/ergh-expats.html

McaFFa & Co.
We´re having an all-girls meetup at the restaurant/bar/tea house Buddhaba in Barrio Chino/Chinatown in Belgrano this Sunday at 3pm http://www.buddhaba.com.ar/
Most are expats in a relationship w/Argentines, or with expat partner but who are here for a while or Argentine girls who have been themselves expats many years.... You are welcome to join us!!!

Hey bairesgirl,
Thanks for the invite. Unfortantely I already have plans for lunch tomorrow. I'll definitely try to make myself free for another weekend though!

Hi! I'm Leyre, i came to live in Buenos Aires almost two months ago ad would love to make some new friends and join the group, i'm 24 and i'm from Madrid, my mother stong is spanish so if anyone is interested yo encantada de hablar en español! Dejo mi mail por para ponernos en contacto!

[email protected]

Un saludooo!!

Leyre

Hi there, I am a 27 year old Aussie girl working in Argentina for the next couple of months. My work hours are fairly hetic, however I would love to make some new friends here to meet up with on my days off! Feel free to email me: [email protected]
Look forward to hopefully meeting you all soon!

To Bairesgirl
Re your group of women who meet up...are there really no single expat women out there who can form a group? I ve come across nothing else but women in relationships who live in Buenos Aires!

Does this have an age limit as well? Some of us single women are past the thirty something age bracket..Alice would you like to start a new thread - just for this- I am sure you will get a lot of response.

Alice:
Actually I´m single, :) and so are at least two other girls in the group...
Not all are married /in a relationship... I would say it´s half-half,but we get together for coffee at a time all are available. Am sure if you propose activities or start another thread people will sign up... :)

So ladies - What should we call the thread for us over thirty somethings? I was an avid cycler (thin tires) before moving to the city - I always liked the woman´s cycle apparel company called TEAM ESTROGEN - let´s steal it. I already have a seminar called HOT FLASH MAMAS so please don´t take that one. jajaja
Yes I am the one giving the facelift (non-surgical) woman´s empowerment seminar on Tuesday in Cap Fed and also my private practice specializes in chronic pain and hormone imbalances. I enjoy the company of other women.
My favorite bumber sticker...
BACK OFF ! I AM MENOPAUSAL AND I HAVE A GUN !
There are so many cool things we can call this thread without putting an age number on it making it a little restrictive. I am 50 and most of my Argie girlfriends are in their mid to late 30´s - all single.
I don´t mind meeting for coffee but perhaps we can be a bit more creative and meet for a museum or wine tasting or our own photo safari if you are into shooting photos...I don´t like bringing my really nice camera out on the street when I am alone and there is so much I want to shoot here. WAIT - I am not talking about the BUMPER STICKER MOOD - I meant pictures. ;0)

Back