Looking for Mandarin Private Lessons

Skylab

Registered
I'm in BA for the next 2 months or so.
I noticed there's a big chinese community here and thought it be a good idea to take mandarin classes. I lived in Xi'an, China for a year and looking to get back into it. I speak fluently in spanish. Doesn't matter if the lessons are in english or spanish. The less they understand of english or spanish, the better. Prefer private lessons and anyone near the centro if possible. Not looking for class room settings.

Thanks!

Michael

Based on what I've seen of the Chinese community here, you probably won't get any decent quality lessons.
Most of the Chinos here are either Taiwanese, or they come from Fujian province (think supermercardo).
Therefore, (as you would know that from living in Xi'an) they aren't exactly speaking precision Mandarin outside of middle kingdom, if they speak Mandarin at all.

You'd probably have better chances in Peru or something.

Thanks! I haven't had much luck. I've been listening in at the supermercardo and it's really difficult to understand. I can only catch a few words when it's actually in Mandarin. Eventually heading to Peru again so I'll take another shot over there.

What are the chances of getting legit chinese food around here? Any recommendations?

Oh man tell me about it! The Chinese food here is really really bad, especially in Barrio Chino.

After much searching we found one that is pretty damn good and really authentic. It's Cantonese food and has a seriously kick ass roast duck.

It's called: Bai Fu - Av. Raul Scalabrini Ortiz 152, Villa Crespo, Buenos Aires PH: 4587 7073

The owners are old school Cantonese, they've been here for 20 years so everything they cook seem to be classic recipes and dishes. And come to think of it, they speak pretty good Mandarin aswell. (I only speak to them in Cantonese when I order food.)

I have yet to find a decent Northern or Sichuan style here.
Good luck!

Nice!! Thanks so much for that! Definitely going to check it out.

I'm able to conduct Mandarin lesson but I would only be there starting from May 12 onward.

Michael,

My major was Chinese and though I'm not a native speaker, I am highly proficient and could definitely teach you if you wanted. I've worked as a Chinese Teacher's Assistant at a summer language academy and privately tutored a group of three young girls and a businessman before. I've lived in Hangzhou, Shanghai, and Xiamen.

Let me know if you're interested!

Best,
Taryn

Hi Michael

I'm Chinese native speaker stay in Buenos Aires currently. I conducted Chinese lessons to kids in Singapore before. I can teach both Traditional and Simplified Chinese according to your needs.

If you're still interested in Mandarin Private lessons, email me at [email protected] for more details.

cheers!

Hello! I am also looking for a Mandarin teacher in Buenos Aires. If you are interested, please email me at bashworth at iorworld dot com. I couldn't figure out how to send any of you a message directly.

Thanks,
Beth

Back