Looking for RELIABLE housekeeper - 6 days a week

citygirl

Registered
If anyone is moving and has a full-time housekeeper that will be looking for work, please let me know. I am located in Zona Oeste (but only about 40 min from Capital). I need someone 6 days a week, 8:00 - 13:00. The person is responsible for housekeeping duties (cleaning, laundry, ironing - pretty light work) and cooking lunch for 7-9 people a day.

Position is en blanco.

Trust-worthy is a MUST as is the ability to work legally in Argentina. It's not super demanding work but I do need someone reliable and knows how to clean a house appropriately and cook.

Have been through 3 housekeepers in the last 18 months and have had major issues with people not showing up and stealing from me. And not knowing how to clean.

Hi Citygirl, I might know of somebody very reliable, how much do you pay?

Citygirl, I totally respect you as we have been co-expat board members for several years now. But from my experience, at least in Argentina, house cleaners are not usually cooks and cooks are usually not willing to clean house. Personally I would hire a housekeeper for cleaning and find either a restaurant close by that could prepare and deliver lunch daily, or I know there are some people who prepare home cooked meals from their homes and sell the food to neighbors, workers, etc. Where I used to work my boss was going through the housekeeper problem, and when she asked one of them to prepare her a sandwich it was 2 slices of bread with lots of mayonnaise and 2 slices of cheese.

David - strange, my experience has been the opposite as all of the housekeepers I've had have always assumed grocery shopping and basic cooking was part of their job (neither of which I required at the time). Anyway, cooking is a necessary part of the this job and it's not realistic/possible to have someone come in just to cook lunch nor is ordering out. I'm not talking about high-end cuisine here, we typically do milanesas, pasta, tartas, etc.

I've done all of this myself while between housekeepers so I know the level of work required and it's quite easily done.

Angel - I will send you a PM.

I am looking for someone similar. what would be a good price to pay for some one working 4 hours a day , 6 days a week?

Any idea?

Back