Looking for the best "fajitas" in BA

michael1977

Registered
I'm a "fajitas" fan. Last night I went to a restaurant called Las Cabras (Fitz Roy 1795) and I had THE BEST fajitas I've ever tried. Only for 40 pesos (you all should go!). But I've heard that there are a lot of restaurants like this. Can you tell me where I can go ? Thanks

:)

i prefer my own, :) Had my sis send me real chili powder from the states :)- here what they use for spices seems tame.

I've never been to Las Cabras so I don't know if you would like this "style" of fajita but I really enjoyed Maria Felix's (on Godoy Cruz) version!

michael1977 said:
I had THE BEST fajitas I've ever tried.

:)

Can you clarify? Are you saying they were the BEST fajitas you've ever tried in Argentina or best fajitas you've ever tried anywhere?

LOL.

The Mexican food really is horrible in Buenos Aires. If you think the Mexican food there is good in Buenos Aires you really haven't eaten good Mexican food.

It's very mediocre there including at Maria Felix.

The fajitas at Las Cabras/Las Cholas/Las Cabritas (there are 3 identical restaurants) aren't mexican style fajitas at all. It's sliced meat with onions in rapiditas and cooked on the parilla - no spices. They also do a chicken one and a veggie one and at least at las cabritas, they offer a salmon fajita as well as a calabaza/choclo/cheese one.

That being said, they're not bad at all albeit not spicy and come with a salad and fries so it's a good lunch or dinner.

For good mexican food, I recommend you make your own.

Friday's fajitas aren't as bad. But yeah, mexican foros here either sucks or is sold at incredibly high prices (35 ARS for a Torta at La Adorada = 105 MXN, when in Mexico you can have one for like 20 MXN).

Back