Looking for unique good quality stuff for a house remodel

JoshF

Registered
Hi all,

I’ll be a lil more specific then title, wife and I will have our first house within next few months. The house we are getting is in good shape but everything is out of date or not at all of good taste at least for wife and I.

So over time as money allows we will redo room by room starting with the main bathroom and since this will be our home we want to have some unique asthetics and good quality pieces,furniture tile work.

So down to why I’m posting, I’m looking (with no luck) for manufacturers or retail places that I can see some products like for instance floating sinks or hard wood vanities also tiles,slate and marble. Rain shower is on my wife’s list. I’m not interested nor do I mean places like Easy I kinda mean like not mass produced cookie cutter items but more custom artisan stuff.

If any you fine folks maybe bought a piece or know a shop/store or company name of some places that offers a selection you can pass it along. I do understand I won’t find one place with it all but I’m also not looking for a one stop shop

Last edited:
San Telmo on Sunday...

Look in Mercadolibre.com.ar for muebles usados, antiguedades, muebles de Baño.. etc... Vast assortment of unique pieces. If you want real antiques must visit an antique shop. See below a Vanitory with a unique cement basin mounted on an old pedal Singer sewing machine...can't beat that...! for $110 bucks

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.a...ha-rustica-de-cemento-y-pie-singer-hierro-_JM

1545179801094.png

Yeah that’s the one place I seen and my wife knew jantango they have some nice pieces

Rich one my wife has been scrolling thru pages on mercardo libre she’s the one Into that vintage look I’m sure she has tons of stuff saved I’m into new modern sleek stuff but finding places that have items like I want are few

Blaisten is the high end distributor, they carry the best new stuff. When we re-did our bathroom, ten years ago, they even had a Phillipe Starck bathtub. For vintage stuff, you just have to keep your eyes open. The Mercado de las Pulgas, on Dorrego, always has different things. The recent wave of upscaling has disrupted several of the old neighborhoods where there used to be a concentration of stores for stuff like this- Cordoba, near Dorrego, for example, used to have a half dozen tile stores, and kitchen equipment places- most are gone now. There also used to be a high end interior decorator neighborhood on Libertador and Montaneses near Monroe- we bought stone, tile, and a fancy small sink at various stores near there, and there used to be a big Blaisten up there as well- but I dont know what is still in business up there. The high rate of development has chased a lot of "to the trade" businesses out a lot farther.

My favorite place is the old flea market on Dorrego Street. (Mercado de Pulgas) It has everything. Take the "B" subway line to Dorrego stop and walk about 8 blocks. The place is huge. It has everything. Lots of cool hard to find stuff.
Mercado de Pulgas

Bringing this thread back to life….

Slowly shopping around to furnish an apartment we purchased earlier this year.

Looking for other flea-market/used furniture and antique stores recommended. San Telmo antique stores are great but the prices are too much out of our range of $$ to spend.

We are planning to make the move sometime in the next couple of years when I finally pull the trigger and retire for good. Until then my spouse and I will spend a month at a time here, slowly moving items in and finishing all the interior work to make it complete.

Thanks in advance.

Maria Maranessi weekend house sales. Signup to receive weekly email announcement with details and photos. Every Saturday 10 to 5pm. Cash only.

Back