Looking for unique good quality stuff for a house remodel

I’ll be a lil more specific then title, wife and I will have our first house within next few months. The house we are getting is in good shape but everything is out of date or not at all of good taste at least for wife and I.

So over time as money allows we will redo room by room starting with the main bathroom and since this will be our home we want to have some unique asthetics and good quality pieces,furniture tile work.

So down to why I’m posting, I’m looking (with no luck) for manufacturers or retail places that I can see some products like for instance floating sinks or hard wood vanities also tiles,slate and marble. Rain shower is on my wife’s list. I’m not interested nor do I mean places like Easy I kinda mean like not mass produced cookie cutter items but more custom artisan stuff.

If any you fine folks maybe bought a piece or know a shop/store or company name of some places that offers a selection you can pass it along. I do understand I won’t find one place with it all but I’m also not looking for a one stop shop
I just bought an apartment 70’ style and I’m re doing it completely.
Blastein is good for porcelanatos. They have the big ones at the same price that regulars (about 20.000 pesos per m2) while at Stock Ya they cost 35.000.
For marbles I recommend Anton Marmoles. They had the best prices I found for the best high end marbles and alike.
Just in front of them you have a high end shower place where they have, mainly, imported items.
For shower glass screens the best price for the best quality is at aberturas Sainato, 50% than Blastein.
The problem with blastein is they do not have stock. It is a good place only for for porcelanato.
Beware that you will have to change all the pipes: gas, water and do all electricity new.

Attachments

• dab87ae7-6132-4ce2-8fa9-4bb576f446d7.jpeg
    dab87ae7-6132-4ce2-8fa9-4bb576f446d7.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 5e4bbd2b-3cd0-43fc-ae44-92473b1ec560.jpeg
    5e4bbd2b-3cd0-43fc-ae44-92473b1ec560.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3118.jpeg
    IMG_3118.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • f96b489b-6050-4aab-a1f0-519e52eff4c5.jpeg
    f96b489b-6050-4aab-a1f0-519e52eff4c5.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3366.jpeg
    IMG_3366.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3365.jpeg
    IMG_3365.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • e7214bd4-3960-4bc2-89c5-47a410f64c84.jpeg
    e7214bd4-3960-4bc2-89c5-47a410f64c84.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3303.jpeg
    IMG_3303.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3248.jpeg
    IMG_3248.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
If you do not mind the price, just in front of Blastein at the corner you have Barugel. They work almost all imported items.

Facebook marketplace. I have been buying 60s sheet metal industrial furniture for years now, its kind of deco, and I find it on facebook marketplace. I got one desk from la plata, they charged me an extre 5000 pesos to bring it to me. Often they will just get a neighbor or a taxi to deliver, if you ask and pay cash. Also mercado libre, send them a message and many times the purchase miraculously becomes boca a boca. The pulgas is not as good as it used to be, about a quarter is now new, cheaply made “modern industrial” stuff, but its still worth going. It changes weekly whats there, and usually they can arrange to reuphol or refinish at extra cost.

Hey! I'm a potter and have made a few custom tile projects. If you want something unique, you can DM me :)

one thing to remember when paying people to remodel- the default mode here is always to use the cheapest material. Better quality is almost always available, and, usually, not that expensive. But everyone assumes your number one goal is to spend the least possible.
So- ask, always, your electrician, or plumber, or tile guy, what are your choices.
I had someone else install new toilets in 2007. In about 2018, one of the started leaking at the floor. I yanked it up, and found it had just been siliconed down.
I went around the corner to the wholesale plumbing supply place, and asked for a wax donut seal for a toilet. The guys looked at me like I was crazy, but I insisted, so they pulled out the biggest ladder, and climbed up to a shelf 4 meters up, and pulled one down for me. It cost five bucks, is installed without tools, and works very well. Standard on every single toilet in the USA, and nobody uses them here, because, hey, its five bucks.
Similar deal with many electrical parts- the difference between a quality light switch, and a very crummy one, is often a dollar or two, but they will always automatically hand you the cheap one. In many cases, the neighborhood ferreteria is where the construction guys buy everything, and most of the small ones dont stock quality.
I go down to Sarmiento near Nuevo de Julio, for electrical supplies and builders hardware- there are several big distributors of both in a few blocks.
you can choose from all the possible manufacturers of, say, light switches, or hinges, and there is excellent argentine made quality in both, but you have to know to ask, and then work to get it.
I needed to replace some door hardware for my 120 year old apartment- the big Herrajes stores there had exact replacement parts, either in plated steel or bronze, still made and stocked.
But my neighborhood ferreteria had crappy stamped chinese stuff only, that wouldnt fit anyway.
Everything here requires doing your homework, but it pays off in the end.

Back