Looking For Used Cell Phones

lucapuka

Registered
Hi everyone. I'm new to the site but have been coming here since 2007 for about six months/year. I just retired last week!

I have a problem: I've always had a cell phone here but this time the one I brought from Toronto can't be unlocked. I should have thought about it before I left but my previous phones were fine here. So I'm looking for a used one. Two, actually. There are so many places with phones for sale but I find them a lot more pricey than I expected. Is that just the way it is, or am I looking in all the wrong places?
Ron

Phones, as well as most electronics, are a lot more pricey than you'd expect. Go to mercadolibre.com.ar (the local equivalent of eBay) to get a sampling of what prices are for what you want.

Your best bet would be seeing if you can unlock the one you brought after all, even for money, or see if someone around here wants to give you a better rate than you'll find on the street... but then they'd be leaving money on the table, perhaps worth it to not deal with the local system.

Is it a newer phone that you brought from Toronto? Shouldn't be a problem to unlock it (if it's not already) and get a local chip.

Otherwise yes - phones are crazy expensive here.

Hi Ron, I sent you a private message. Price is negotiable.

Go to Av. Corrientes between Azcuenaga and Larrea. Galeria Peruana all sorts of previously owned cell phones..!!!

Back