Looking For Visa Help...

ShaneL79

Registered
Hello,

I got this website from the side-bar of the BA subreddit.

I am looking for VISA advice mainly. I'm sure I will have more questions later, but getting the VISA stuff worked out is step 1.

My wife and I are taking a year off work (possibly longer depending on how we like it). We want to spend that year in BA and work part-time to pay for our living expenses. We have saved a lot, but don't want to dip into our savings unless it is an emergency so working is important.

From what I am reading we need jobs before we can get a work VISA. Most companies want you to have a work VISA before they will give you a job. It's a catch 22 situation. So I am looking for advice to get us there and let us stay and work for at least one year.

If you need any other information from me to answer this, please let me know.

Thank you.

You won't be able to work legally here unless a company sponsors you for a work visa. No company is going to do that if you're only here for a year. Additionally, you need to be fluent in castellano and have some highly marketable skills. So the reality is, your chances of a working visa are slim to none.

I don't know what you do but my recommendation is come on a tourist visa and plan on working remotely for a company in your home country or doing freelancing which also gives you the benefit of being paid in a stable currency Alternately, you might be able to find work here teaching english or working in bar/hotel as those are usually paid in cash and they don't always "check" your work papers so yes, you would be working under the table. I doubt you would earn enough to cover you living expenses but it might help defray the costs.

And make sure you have enough to cover your living expenses and trip back to your home country before you come here.

The only visa (green card) you can get is a student visa. But you have to study for real because they check it. Stdying is for free in mant schools and universities here. In fact, the genious who charge 4000 usd to get you a DNI, seems to take the path.

Quick question: Can you get permanent residency some day when taking the student path?

You won't be able to work legally here unless a company sponsors you for a work visa. No company is going to do that if you're only here for a year. Additionally, you need to be fluent in castellano and have some highly marketable skills. So the reality is, your chances of a working visa are slim to none.

I don't know what you do but my recommendation is come on a tourist visa and plan on working remotely for a company in your home country or doing freelancing which also gives you the benefit of being paid in a stable currency Alternately, you might be able to find work here teaching english or working in bar/hotel as those are usually paid in cash and they don't always "check" your work papers so yes, you would be working under the table. I doubt you would earn enough to cover you living expenses but it might help defray the costs.

And make sure you have enough to cover your living expenses and trip back to your home country before you come here.

I am a Systems Analyst / Project Manager and my wife is an Architect.

One year is our "base plan". I have a very strong feeling that if things go well that we will likely stay for as long as we are legally allowed.

What is required from a company that sponsors us?

We are also considering either flipping houses or buying a restaurant / lounge. Does that change our ability to get longer term VISA's?

The only visa (green card) you can get is a student visa. But you have to study for real because they check it. Stdying is for free in mant schools and universities here. In fact, the genious who charge 4000 usd to get you a DNI, seems to take the path.

This response confuses me. I've seen several long term VISA's that were not just for students. Can you elaborate on why you suggested the only VISA we can get is a student VISA?

Thanks for the responses.

ShaneL79

I think it would be best to actually come live here for a while and work remotely.
You will quickly come to realize how F..ked up this place is.
90% of the people on this board are working here without papers.
The restaurant market is flooded here, just work remotely, city girl has good advice.

you should try coming as a tourist. the part time job thing isnt really an option.
Hello,

I got this website from the side-bar of the BA subreddit.

I am looking for VISA advice mainly. I'm sure I will have more questions later, but getting the VISA stuff worked out is step 1.

My wife and I are taking a year off work (possibly longer depending on how we like it). We want to spend that year in BA and work part-time to pay for our living expenses. We have saved a lot, but don't want to dip into our savings unless it is an emergency so working is important.

From what I am reading we need jobs before we can get a work VISA. Most companies want you to have a work VISA before they will give you a job. It's a catch 22 situation. So I am looking for advice to get us there and let us stay and work for at least one year.

If you need any other information from me to answer this, please let me know.

Thank you.

Buenos Aires is not the place to be flipping properties -- you need to do a bit more research, the real estate market here has stagnated since the cepo cambiario was introduced, there is no quick turn over of properties going on right now. The situation here is likely to get progressively worse, not better. Restaurants are never an easy investment anywhere in the world, and with the 30% inflation going on look forward to fewer and fewer people going out and spending. Come for a bit for the experience, see if you can't work remotely, and then maybe after a year or so here consider other options, but don't rely on anything online telling you this is the place to invest, most of those articles are extremely outdated -- instead google Argentina inflation, Argentina debt, Argentina dollars restrictions, run Clarin or La Nacion through google translate, just start doing some research on what's going on here now and you'll see that the reality is much different than those NYTimes articles from 5-6-7 years ago. However it's really hard to grasp how messed up it is until you're here. You're really better off not getting too involved in the local economy. Those here on dollars are pretty happy with how things are because they can profit off the black market value of their currency, however those living with pesos are constantly feeling more and more pressure on their wallet.

This response confuses me. I've seen several long term VISA's that were not just for students. Can you elaborate on why you suggested the only VISA we can get is a student VISA?
Thanks for the responses.

http://infoleg.mecon...67004/norma.htm
Art. 23 of the decree 616/2010.

http://www.gema.com.ar/ley25871.html
art. 23 immigration law.

This is the one you can get.
Rentista is a big waste of money as soon as you have to wire yourself money and thay give you pesos at the oficial rate (5.38) while it is 8,95.
Investment requires 1.500.000 pesos investment with the same issue than rentista.

You don t become an illegal in Argentina if you don t have a legal residency.

Back