Looking To Connect With Other Expats

tatertot

Registered
Hello,

My husband & I have been seriously considering expatriating out of the US to a country South America. We are both successful small business owners and we have two small children.

We have visited Costa Rica and Ecuador and are now coming to Argentina for few days to get a feel for it. We thought we would visit 1st before taking the plunge.

I was wondering if there are any events where American expats get together that we can join in the hopes of connecting and learning more information about living there. We are going to be Buenos Aires from Jan 30th thru Feb 5th then we take the ferry to Montevideo.

Please let me know if there is a way we can connect with other expats.

Thank you!

Hello,

My husband & I have been seriously considering expatriating out of the US to a country South America. We are both successful small business owners and we have two small children.

We have visited Costa Rica and Ecuador and are now coming to Argentina for few days to get a feel for it. We thought we would visit 1st before taking the plunge.

I was wondering if there are any events where American expats get together that we can join in the hopes of connecting and learning more information about living there. We are going to be Buenos Aires from Jan 30th thru Feb 5th then we take the ferry to Montevideo.

Please let me know if there is a way we can connect with other expats.

Thank you!

Keep an eye out for the coffee chats here, I've never been to one as I am in work but they seem to happen once a week and get a good attendance. Use the search tool here and look for coffee chats. I reckon that's your best way of getting in touch with people quickly.

Also try Meetups.com
I usually meet with other freelancers but maybe there is a relocated-families group or something along those lines.
Or maybe it's meetups.org ... you will know.

Good idea to meet with people who have actually made the move to these places rather than rely on e-books and "relocation experts" that gleefully try to sell you the virtues of living in other lands.

Hello, I am a native New Yorker who has been living in Argentina for 36 years.Believe me I've been thru all it's ups and downs.I also have made 3 extended trips to Costa Rica .Maybe we could get together at a Coffee Chat.Looking forward to meeting you.

Back