Looking to invest $1 million USD in Argentina - what should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it practical as a business to invest in the human talent that's in Buenos Aries? What would be the tax/currency implications of that? That would be one of the first things that comes to mind if I were thinking about investing in Argentina. Starting an international business, online business, using the human talent, such as graphic design, web design, software engineer, etc.

Many US companies have business centers in arg because most folks in BA speak English, have some form of education, and work for less than Indians do. Also, the timezones are more aligned than between the US and India.

Do you get high quality of service, no. Is it cheap, yes. I think many companies are only concerned about the bottom line at this moment.

I did some research on it. Its in a very very dangerous/dirty part of GBA
The day «Chupete's» government fell, i was working at the Parque Industrial de Pilar when all the phones rang at the same time. The excreta had reached the proverbial fan.
Everybody scrambled home. One of the company owners had a scheduled meeting with «el señor 5» so we jumped in his armored car and headed to town in a hurry.
Near the peaje things turned weird.
Suddenly we saw ahead of us that buses were making u turns right and left. Insane!
In seconds, we had cars coming towards us in the wrong direction. Hardly could be more dangerous. Traffic coming and going at top speed on the same side of the highway.
People from the nearest villa had cut the highway and were stopping and looting passing trucks.
The driver dared not enter Pilar and dropped me nesrby. I was to reach the train station by my own means and hope for the best.
There was looting everywhere.
A train reached the station as i arrived. Got in it and hoped it would head to BA. Pilar was total chaos and i had no place to go. Wanted to be home.

The train crawled its way to Buenos Aires. Too msny people crossing the tracks here and there, carrying large boxes of stolen goods.
The train was packed and you could read the concern and fear on every face. It was a very dangerous situation.
Shortly before reaching the J. C. Paz station the train stopped in front of the side entrance of a large supermarket. There were men in uniforms carrying shotguns and a hundred people gathered there waiting for an opportunity to breach the gate and do their thing. The train car where i was sitting became the bullet stop wall if SHTF. We stood there for an eternity.
Eventually, the train rolled into the station.
All the cars parked nearby had busted windshield and windows. The station area was madness and very suspicious guys jumped in and out of the train and were chased by some very excited cops.
There was no law in Jose C. Paz that day.

After J.C. P. the ride was slow but uneventful.

Eventually, i reached home. Exhausted.
Was one of the most exciting days of my life but not long after that i gave up all the jobs that took me too far from my family to be able to react quickly to a situation like this one.

When SHTF you want to be close to yours.

Iz

Is it practical as a business to invest in the human talent that's in Buenos Aries? What would be the tax/currency implications of that? That would be one of the first things that comes to mind if I were thinking about investing in Argentina. Starting an international business, online business, using the human talent, such as graphic design, web design, software engineer, etc.

Having read most of his posts and given the title of this thread, I don't think MM is interested in operating a business. He has previously claimed to be a professional futbol agent and has (here in the forum) promoted Scientology events and retreats to take ayahuasca , both of which came with (IMO) a hefty price tag and were (supposedly) held at spaces/places which would have been rented for only a few hours or a few days.

I think MM wants to buy something as an investment, no doubt to make money, but I don't get the impression he wants to work. I searched for an "estancia" and found the property I provided the link to after MM said he was interested in using my property as a potential locaction for Scientology retreats. I looked at the google map of the property but I did not reseearch the area.

I immediately saw it was in what I consider will be the "zone of chaos" (all of CF and GBA) when the SHTF during the grand solar minimum (which has just begun) and food proces skyrocket as a result of cold weather crop losses, especially at northern and southern latitudes above 40 degrees.

View attachment 7697
Belonged to Maria Berro, Felix Altube's widow, and their twelve children.

"En 1888, dado el crecimiento de la familia con el casamiento de los hijos y nacimiento de los nietos,María Berro amplió el edificio del casco de la estancia construyendo una nueva ala y levantando una torre,que servía de mirador para cuidar el ganado del robo de los cuatreros.El 18 de octubre de 1889, se creó el Partido de General Sarmiento, quedando el establecimiento conocido ya como “El Mirador de Altube”, dentro de la jurisdicción del nuevo partido."

Beautiful story. My adopted aunt was born in 1929. And I had the opportunity to meet three more relatives with the same last name, also in NY, many years ago.

My suggestion to MM (and anyone who is capable of at least planting and maintaining a garden) is still to buy land where they can grow food, but not in or close to a massive urban center and not land on which you don't or can't live, preferably a location where your neighbors are doing the same thing and will trade with you, rather than steal from you.

I immediately saw it was in what I consider will be the "zone of chaos" (all of CF and GBA) when the SHTF during the grand solar minimum (which has just begun) and food proces skyrocket as a result of cold weather crop losses, especially at northern and southern latitudes above 40 degrees.
What is the "grand solar minimum"?

What is the grand solar minimum?
Ask youtube.

If you only have 29 seconds:

If you have the time, I suggest you watch this.

PS: David has a pleasant voice and explains it quite well (and why there will be cold weaher crop losses and increasing (if not skyrocketing food prices)..

Last edited:
Many US companies have business centers in arg because most folks in BA speak English, have some form of education, and work for less than Indians do. Also, the timezones are more aligned than between the US and India.

Do you get high quality of service, no. Is it cheap, yes. I think many companies are only concerned about the bottom line at this moment.

I would take some exception to your comment regarding ''quality of service''.....professionalism is taught and monitored....it does not exist without training and oversight.....in most large corporations doing business in Argentina, it is not even a concern.....if no one at the top cares, then no one at the bottom cares either....banks in Argentina are an excellent example of nobody even concerning themselves with customer service or even being competent.....on the other hand, with local operations where the owner is involved, I experience the exact opposite......customer service that goes above and beyond, with excellent results.... the line workers don't establish policy, so they cannot be held to blame....blame the ''suits''.....they should not be immune to the damage their incompetence creates......in regards to wages.....if you can't afford to pay a living wage then you have no business being in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back