Looking to pick up some DVD'S

FeelGoodLost

Registered
I am looking to find a shop in the city with a good selection of DVD's for sale. Somewhere with a good selection of foreign films would be ideal. I know when I was in Brazil and Mexico the bookstores had some of the best selections to choose from. I'm not sure if it's like that in BA, but any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

The movie district have been traditionally located at Ayacucho street, between Lavalle and Tucuman streets. The bookstores and music stores offer a selection of DVDs to buy. You might also try online at www.mercadolibre.com.ar, which is something like the local version of ebay. Another option would be to download movies on line.

You could also go to Parque Rivadavia--there are vendors there with catalogs of DVDs that you can buy for 10-15 pesos each. Lots of current movies. You also might be able to talk someone into a bulk discount if you're into buying a lot of discs at once.

If you have no moral compunction, you can buy them anywhere. I buy mine from the guy who rides the H line and sells them for 10 pesos with his cell phone number on the back so that you can call if it doesn't work.

Bootleg DVDs with a warranty, awesome.

Back