Looking to try some hunting here

Eggsnbacey

Registered
Hey,

I'm living in Buenos Aires and looking to find someone who also likes to hunt who may want to do some together. I hunted with my brother in the UK but I'm now living here and looking to do it. I'm getting my DNI soon and will be buying a toyota hilux truck.... so I would be able to use this and would cover the gas for trips.

This might work for a local who has experience but doesn't want to be spending on the gas, expenses etc. Or for another expat and we can look for some permission together. (i have 1 contact in la pampa I made through friends)

I'm 31 years old... and have hunted in England and Scotland for deer which I always butcher and eat myself.... I have completed courses on deer stalking that we have in England and I'm safe with guns and muzzle aware. (looking for someone similarly safety conscious.)

Best,
Tom

Do you own a rifle or shotgun?
If not, be carefull, gun laws are strict here and you me end up in Devoto.

You need to get a CREDENCIAL DE LEGITIMO USUARIO first.
This will allow you to purchase a firearm, ammo, etc.
Check in tha ANMAC (ex RENAR) page for requirements, fees, etc.

Here it is illegal even to BORROW a gun, be carefull.

Pls contact me for more info.

What big game is here to hunt? Puma and Stag? I never saw a much big game in the wild but had Puma Asado on the Campo once.

Are crossbows and bows regulated? That could be a better alternative.

What big game is here to hunt? Puma and Stag? I never saw a much big game in the wild but had Puma Asado on the Campo once.

Are crossbows and bows regulated? That could be a better
Big game.. fallow deer, red deer, axis deer, buffalo, jabalí, various types of goat and ram.

I think the bows could be a good idea but i’m not as confident with them…. But yes with practice that could work.

Based on previous posts about "winged hunting" I searched for businesses that organize hunting excursione and found one that cantains some "interesting" information (to say the least) about dove hunting in Argentina and what to expect:

"In Argentina Dove Hunting is amazing because the country grows incredible numbers of cattle and other livestock, all of which are fed from seed crops such as corn, soy, maize, sorghum, and wheat. This creates a perfect environment, grain fields dotted with pothole lakes and no other hunters, for the abundance of doves.

Rancho Salvaje can provide accommodations groups of up to 12 people on a first class dove or duck hunting trip. All meals, food, drinks, and transfers to and from the airport are included in your guide fee. We provide a premium service and complete exclusivity to our guests. You will not see another outfitter or hunting party while you dove or duck hunt with Rancho Salvaje, except in the airport when you realize you shot more birds than the other hunters!

No Limits

In Argentina doves are considered a pest. The doves eat about one third of the farmers crops, so the farmers are glad to see hunters and get some money lost to depredation by the birds. Of course caring for the environment is at the top of our minds as we live off the land, and must have sustainable management practices to care for our resources.

Rancho Salvaje’s private roost has approximately 10 million doves that breed every six weeks during the breeding season which is six months long due to our mild weather. This will produce about 54 million eggs, of which a third will hatch. That makes about 49,000 new doves a day. So a group of 12 hunters has to shoot 4,100 doves per person a day just to keep pace with their breeding rate. Kill all you want, we’ll make more."

Source: http://argentinabirdman.com/argentina-dove-hunting/

.PS: This has to be the most "unsual" sales pitch I have ever seen. 🤠

Last edited:
Back